IMA World Health (IMA)
Gender Specialist, HIV
Nairobi Area, KEN
Regular Full -Time
International Conditional Funding
IMA World Health (IMA) is seeking applications for a Gender Specialist, HIV for an anticipated USAID-funded HIV service delivery activity in Kenya.
The primary focus of the HIV Service Delivery Support Activity (HSDSA) is to identify, link, treat, and retain HIV positive Kenyans within the existing service delivery platform across focus counties.
The primary role of the Gender Specialist will be to provide comprehensive technical guidance to ensure the design of gender-sensitive approaches and complete integration of gender in all aspects of HIV service delivery programming, ensuring equity in uptake and retention in services.
- Oversee and conduct relevant project gender analysis to inform design and implementation.
- Ensure the mainstreaming of gender across the program, including design, implementation, monitoring, training, and operations.
- Provide overall technical guidance to ensure the complete integration of gender in all aspects of HIV service delivery programming. Monitor progress toward gender deliverables and service delivery disaggregated targets.
- Provide guidance to the Chief of Party and all project staff on the incorporation of gender across all programmatic areas.
- Develop trainings for project staff on gender inclusion, approaches, and issues.
- Deliver technical assistance to stakeholders (county, sub-counties, local CBOs) to build capacity around gender inclusive policies and practices.
- Ensure high-quality programming and the cost-effective use of IMA World Health and USAID resources.
The position requires a competent and experienced person with the following attributes:
- A master’s degree in public health, gender studies, international development, or other relevant field preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience with public health programs, preferably in gender programming.
- Experience designing, implementing, and overseeing gender programming that addresses HIV uptake and retention.
- Experience with U.S. government-funded programs.
- Possess excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills, demonstrated supervisory skills, and an ability to work well in a team.
- Fluency in English, Kiswahili, and on or more local languages.
- Kenyan nationals are highly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
All interest parties should email their CV/Resume to the following email address: [email protected]