IMA World Health (IMA)
HIV Community Mobilization Specialist
Nairobi Area, KEN
Regular Full -Time
International Conditional Funding
IMA World Health (IMA) is seeking applications for an HIV Community Mobilization Specialist for an anticipated USAID-funded HIV service delivery activity in Kenya.
The primary focus of the HIV Service Delivery Support Activity (HSDSA) is to identify, link, treat, and retain HIV-positive Kenyans within the existing service delivery platform across focus counties.
The primary role of the HIV Community Mobilization Specialist will be to provide technical leadership for HIV community mobilization, particularly as it relates to creating bidirectional facility-community linkages, and boosting social participation for improved HIV service delivery and outcomes.
- Provide technical support and assistance in designing sustainable community mobilization approaches for improved HIV service delivery. Specifically, increasing uptake of HIV counseling and testing among target populations, as well as linking them, enrolling them, and retraining them in successful HIV care and treatment.
- Lead project staff, sub-contractors, local sub-grantees, and community stakeholders in the implementation, monitoring, and reporting of community mobilization project activities.
- Support the capacity building of project staff and local organizations for the development of participatory approaches to HIV service delivery. Coach sub-counties and stakeholders in improved community mobilization approaches.
- Participate in relevant Technical Working Groups and fora related to HIV community mobilization.
- Ensure high quality programming and the cost-effective use of IMA World Health and USAID resources.
The position requires a competent and experienced person with the following attributes:
- A Master’s degree in public health or other relevant field.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience with community mobilization programs for health, preferably in HIV/AIDS.
- Experience working previously under U.S.-government funded HIV or health programming.
- Possess excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills, demonstrated supervisory skills, and an ability to work well in a team.
- Fluency in English, Kiswahili, and one or more local languages.
- Kenyan nationals are highly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
All interest parties should email their CV/Resume to the following email address: [email protected]