Impact Research and Development Organization is a registered Kenyan NGO with a main office in Kisumu and regional offices in eight counties. IRDO’s principal mandate is to design, implement and evaluate HIV/AIDS research and intervention programs that improve the health status of individuals and local communities.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Enter, update and /or retrieve accounting data from automated systems.
• Verify accounting journals, ledgers and other financial records.
• Payroll preparation and statutory remittance.
• Submit relevant withholding and VAT payments to Kenya Revenue Authority
• Code, post and receive Income and expenditures returns.
• Prepare and coordinate deposit activities
• Monitor Suppliers accounts for non-payments and delayed payments
• Keep Hack of all insurance policies and licenses, renewal dates and renew as required.
• Prepare all financial accounts ready for auditors
• Assist in reviewing new procedures, manuals and systems enhancements.
- Bachelors’ degree in Commerce – Accounting or Finance Option, Masters degree in Accounting or Finance is an added advantage.
• Must be a Certified Public Accountant of Kenya CPA (K) or ACCA finalist.
• At least 5 years’ work experience in accounting or finance in an NGO setting.
• Must be proficient in accounting systems (e.g. QuickBooks) and Microsoft Office Packages.
• Experience in preparing budgets for proposals is an added advantage.
• Must be able to work under pressure.
How to Apply
Submit applications, complete with CV. copies of certificates and testimonials, names and telephone numbers of two professional referees, current and expected salary, to reach the undersigned not later than 28th April 2017. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The Human Resources Manager, Impact Research and Development Organization, P.O. Box 9171-40141, Kisumu