Description: We are an international training and consultancy organization offering technical training and education services designed for individuals, and organizations working in the agriculture, climate change and environment; disaster management; education; food and nutrition; health; humanitarian relief; logistics and telecommunication; recovery and reconstruction; safety and security; water sanitation and hygiene sectors .
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide advice and assistance when conducting staff performance evaluations
- Identify training and development opportunities
- Provide basic counseling to staff who have performance related obstacles
- Provide staff orientations
- Monitor daily staff attendance.
- Provide advice and recommendations on disciplinary actions.
- Prepare notices and advertisements for vacant staff positions.
- Schedule and organize interviews
- Participate in applicant interviews
- Conduct reference checks on possible candidates
- Inform unsuccessful applicants
- Conduct exit interviews.
- Implement a human resources plan and personnel management policies and procedures.
- Explain provisions of the personnel policy to staff.
- Explain employment standards and legislation such as workers compensation, labour standards and Fair Practice Act.
- Organize the transitional provisions of employee compensation, pay and benefits when positions are transferred or new positions are funded through contribution agreements and other special funding arrangements.
- Arrange for the repairs of computers and other office equipment and assist with organizing staff to carry out work due periods of equipment shutdowns.
- Attend Various Committees’ meetings to provide information, when necessary.
- Perform other related duties as required
- An undergraduate degree in HR, management, psychology or business related fields
- Post graduate HR qualifications will be an added advantage
- Business English will be a prerequisite.
- Excellent it skills (internet, email, word, excel and PowerPoint)
- Minimum of three years’ experience in HR and administration
- Experience in customer centric roles.
- Planning and execution skills required.
- People management and development skills
- Strong administration skills
- Familiarity with business software such as Microsoft office
- A high level of confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Flexibility and willingness to learn
- Enjoy working with people
- Tact and diplomacy
- Good administrative skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work accurately, with attention to detail
Salary: Starting KES 30,000/= Gross per month.
How to Apply
Application procedure: If you meet the above criteria, please send your application and a detailed CV to [email protected] on or before 10th February, 2017.
Note that due to the urgency in recruiting for this position CVs will be evaluated as they come.
Note: Use the job title as the subject line in your application email.
Applications not meeting the minimum requirements and not following the instructions given will not be considered