Position: Field Officer (Several Positions)
Deadline to Apply: Rolling Basis
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Bungoma and Siaya
Eligibility: Position open to local Kenyan hires only
About Innovations for Poverty Action: Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a non-profit research organization that creates and evaluates approaches to solving development problems.
IPA disseminates the results of its evaluations to policymakers, practitioners, investors and donors around the world.
About the project: Selective Trials project is trying to learn about farming and technology adoption practices among households in rural Kenya, with US-based Researchers Pascaline Dupas from Stanford University, Sylvain Chassang from Princeton University, Catlan Reardon from University of California, Berkeley and Erik Snowberg from the California Institute of Technology.
The project is currently preparing for the End-Line survey.
- Arrive to work on time
- Engage in field-based data organization at the beginning and end of each day Accurate survey administration as per the set targets
- Administration of incentives to respondents as required
- Carry out Intervention-specific project tasks
- Assist in office duties when required e.g. translation, data entry
- Actively engage in project discussions
- Work as part of a team Report to SFO daily on field updates Submit timely notice on leave day bookings
- Respondent tracking
- Proper use of equipment used to facilitate data collection e.g. Tablets,G.P.S Honest accounting of field allowances.
- Bachelors’ degree or college diploma in social sciences/ Diploma with three years’ experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili.
- Experience with data collection through household surveys
- Good interpersonal skills; specifically, good at interacting with respondents
- Comfortable with interviewing individuals within their homes;
- Ability to comfortably work as a team
- Past experience in data collection through CAI
- Experience working with Strip project is an added advantage.
How to Apply
To Apply: Click here – https://poverty-action.formstack.com/forms/fo__strip_project
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Field Officer-Strip. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant.