Position: HR Intern
Deadline to Apply: 12th June, 2016
Duration: Three (3) Months
Start Date: ASAP
Eligibility: Position open to locals only
About Innovations for Poverty Action: is a non-profit organization dedicated to discovering and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems.
In close partnership with decision makers, the policymakers, practitioners, investors, and donors working with the poor around the world.
IPA designs and evaluates potential solutions to poverty problems using randomized evaluations, the most rigorous evaluation method available.
We also mobilize and support these decision makers to use these solutions to build better programs and policies at scale.
Position Overview: The HR Intern will be based in the Nairobi Office. He/she will work closely with the HR team to ensure efficient running of the day to day Human Resource functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain effective filing system and scanning of HR documents
- Creating files for new staff joining the organization
- Conduct audit on the existing files and make follow up on missing documents
- Safe keeping of any HR staff related documents in the staff File
- Assist with calling and scheduling interviews
- Provide support in recruitment documentation and communication
- Assist with facilitating induction of new staff
- Provide administrative support to the Human Resource unit in all HR functions.
- Any other duty as may be assigned.
- Degree in Human Resource Management or related course
- Prior relevant experience in Human Resource Management
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in working with computers particularly spreadsheet and word processing
- Experience in working with a team and team building
- Ability to work within a multi-cultural setting
- Prior experience working with any HRIS is preferred.
How to Apply
Click here – https://poverty-action.formstack.com/forms/hr_intern
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the HR Intern. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA