Inputs Procurement Associate Job At One Acre Fund NGO
Based in Nairobi
One Acre Fund is an agricultural NGO in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi and Tanzania that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. One Acre invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income. We provide farmers with a “market bundle” that includes education, finance, seed and fertilizer, and market access. Our program is proven impactful – every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure more than 100% average gain in farm income per acre. We are growing quickly. In seven years, we have grown to serve over 180,000 farm families with more than 1,000 full-time field staff in Kenya.
Inputs Procurement Job Responsibilities
- Process seed purchases as requested by manager and ensure all documentation is accurate for proper payment processing and storage
- Work with One Acre Fund operations teams to understand their seed needs and the quantities required and the deadlines for delivery
- Maintain a database of local and international seed suppliers and understand which inputs they carry.
- Constantly look out for new seeds in the market and maintain a database for all released seeds in all One Acre
- Fund countries of operation
- Execute seed Quality check. Travel to Seed suppliers warehouses across Kenya and Tanzania required.
- Provide support on Importation and exportation of seeds to and from suppliers and with other One Acre Fund countries of operations.
- Reach out to suppliers to get price quotations and negotiate best possible prices.
- Develop and maintain templates for purchase orders, contracts, and other required documents
- Work with suppliers to sign contracts and place orders
- Work with suppliers and One Acre Fund Logistics and Finance teams to ensure correct and timely deliveries and payments.
- Other work as requested by manager
Qualifications For Inputs Procurement Job
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized academic institution, at least Second Upper preferred
- Minimum B- in KCSE or equivalent
- A previous experience in seeds procurement or an Agricultural background will be an added advantage
- Willingness to travel Across Tanzania and Kenya to supplier warehouses
- Experience in procurement preferable, but not required
- Demonstrated computer skills in email, internet usage, Microsoft Office
- Strong written and oral communicator with good attention to detail
- Proven ability to set and meet targets
- Fluent in Kiswahili and English
Career development: One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership capacity. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through weekly mentorship and two annual career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Opportunity to grow and salary increase are based on personal performance. One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer.
Timeline: We are looking for someone to start immediately
Commitment: Minimum 2 years. This is a long term career position
Compensation: Competitive Salary
How to Apply
Please Apply Here You will be prompted to a form that must be completed. At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV by 2nd September, 2016