As a strategic thinker with a focus on innovation for our banking business, you will have the opportunity to define, design, and develop new products and services that defy industry expectations and meet real customer needs. You will be in the forefront leading a culture shift in our organization to marry the analytical with the creative. You will represent a different way of working—customer centred and iterative—by collaborating in small multidisciplinary teams and simplifying problems into compelling solutions.
You’re a good fit for this role if you are comfortable with ambiguity, but adept at making the complex simple; love digging into the complexities of how companies work and finding ways to help them work differently; See opportunities where others see obstacles and constraints; and are excited to work on a multidisciplinary team and open to jumping into the unknown with new methods.
Reporting to the Head-Digital Banking, the Insights Manager – Innovation will drive business results by leveraging broad-based business knowledge and a high level of functional expertise. He/she will be responsible for delivering the strategic innovation pipeline by proactively identifying, integrating and leveraging brand, shopper, and customer and user insights to; identify new opportunities, amplify the potential of current initiatives, and ensure insights influence enduring strategies. The person will be responsible for proactively identifying key business issues and providing actionable recommendations that rapidly drive business results by converting insights to action.
The successful jobholder will be expected to:
- Drive business growth through relevant new product innovations. Develop consumer insights that ensure consumer relevancy and business viability of new product introductions.
- Work with lines of business to identify specific areas of focus and work to prioritize those opportunities with the greater Fintech community, developer community or within the Co-op Bank development eco-system.
- Accelerate the speed, impact and implementation of new product developments by coordinating internal briefing to ensure that the proposition/product remains front of mind and ready for execution while managing horizontal and vertical communication lines.
- Identify and evaluate new business opportunities derived through radically new features in existing products or completely new products or services as well as turn innovative concepts/ideas into product or service innovations leading to additional new commercial opportunities and competitive advantage.
- Provide consultation and perspective to all levels of management on key business decisions and improve contribution to the innovation pipeline.
- Champion Innovation Insights within the company and build strong cross-functional relationships to become embedded as a critical element of strategic and tactical business decisions.
- Contribute to the building of knowledge and technical skill among all Innovation champions.
- Identify new business opportunities by evaluating markets, trends, emerging technologies, and building relationships with consumers and key partners.
- Anticipate disruptive innovations and changes and turn those into opportunities deriving to real company value. Source for new ideas and coordinate insights of the market, customers, vendors and other partners.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
The successful jobholder will be required to possess the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree ideally in a business-related specialization or technology-related course from a recognized university. Additional qualifications in IT professional qualifications will also be an added advantage but not mandatory.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role with extensive exposure and hands-on experience in innovation and product management in a fast paced environment.
- Strong communication skills, including excellent written and oral communication skills and must demonstrate strong influencing skills at all levels of leadership including c-suite level.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative with excellent execution excellence to achieve goals
- Deep analytical skills with the ability to understand complex market data, customer intelligence and financial industry issues.
- Excellent attention to detail and a strong desire to learn new concepts and an innovation and ‘disruptor’ mindset.
- Good team and collaboration skills and ability to articulate key drivers of performance in a high performance culture.
How to apply:
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job reference number IMI/DB/2017 by 7th April, 2017.
We are an equal opportunity employer.