INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO services help NGOs with their day-to-day risk management responsibilities and improve their overall situational awareness to support evidence-based humanitarian access decisions.
The Organisation has grown from innovative start-up to become a globally recognised charity and a highly valued component in the humanitarian safety coordination system.
The strong focus on humanitarian principles and exclusive NGO-only membership criteria have meant that INSO is now accepted as a standard component of modern humanitarian response offering independent frontline reporting and coordination services that save lives, strengthen operational practice and enable humanitarian access.
Today the organisation provides daily support to more than 1000 NGOs in eleven of the world’s most insecure countries and has earned a strong reputation for performance, principles & professionalism.
INSO established a presence in Kenya in 2012 and launched full services in the same year. INSO Kenya provides services to enhance the delivery of aid and preserve the safety of staff employed by Kenyan NGO’s and International NGOs that provide humanitarian and emergency assistance to people living in Kenya. INSO continues these essential services and operates from a position of neutrality
We are seeking an experienced individual to join our team as Country Administration Manager (CAM) to be based in Nairobi
The role of the Administration Manager will be to oversee and regulate the financial, administrative and logistical functioning of INSO Kenya. S/he will ensure compliance with relevant mandatory controls arising from Donors, Government of Kenya (GOK) and INSO.
As a senior post, the Administration Manager will report directly to the INSO Director Kenya and will be subject to training and supervision by INSO Chief Administrative Officer. S/he will supervise one cashier, four regional assistants and two drivers. The post will require some travel to the provinces some of which are hardship areas.
Responsibilities for the Administration Manager NGO Job
- Implement, enforce and monitor the admin and finance policies/procedures in compliance with INSO SOPs, Kenyan law and donor requirements
- Follow the finance schedules in order to meet the financial reporting requirement to the Chief Administration Officer and donors
- Implement, enforce and monitor logistics/procurement policies in compliance of INSO SOPs and donor requirements
- Develop and implement a proper internal control in order to protect the country’s assets (cash and equipment’s) with the Country Director
- Ensure the programme is in accordance with local laws, in term of financial reporting requirements, labour laws and taxation
- Oversee the administrative and logistics department of the country programme and, when required, be involved in local staff recruitment of the administrative, finance, HR and logistics department; develop and deliver a training program for that team
- Oversee technical support to the Country Director and Safety Advisors in all administration, finance and logistics matters
Administration Manager NGO Job Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in either Business Administration or accounting,
- 5+ years’ work experience with an NGO
- Staff management and security experience
- Knowledge of administrative and logistical processes
- Experience in liaising with other organisations and government officials
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Kiswahili
- Computer literate, with good report writing and budget/financial management skills
How to Apply
Interested persons are requested to send the following to [email protected] and ensure to reference ‘INSO CAM KENYA” in the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date.
Cover letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in applying and what you hope to bring to INSO (1-page maximum) and an Up to date CV (3-page maximum).
Please do not send any additional information (certificates, other writing samples, etc.) and keep the total size of your application under 2MB if possible.