Inspection& Testing Assistant Manager Job At KRA
Job Description: Assistant Manager – Inspection And Testing – Kra 5
Department – Strategy, Innovation & Risk Management (Si&Rm)
Reports To: Manager – Data Analysis & Reporting
Inspection& Testing Assistant Manager Job Purpose
Coordinating unit laboratory chemical analysis and testing in line with set standards and procedures.
Inspection& Testing Assistant Manager Job Responsibilities
- Planning and directing performance of chemical analyses and physical tests to determine the chemical nature, identity and composition of a wide variety of commodities and materials for the purposes of supporting revenue collection, trade facilitation and enforcement activities.
- Reviewing background information and applicable regulations, and determining the type of information and extent of analyses required to solve technical issues.
- Developing and directing implementation of analytical methods, procedures and instrumental techniques to achieve higher specificity, precision, accuracy, and efficient performance of testing activities.
- Evaluating needs and developing specifications for purchase of equipment, Apparatus, chemical reagents and services.
- Developing and implementing unit laboratory equipment maintenance plan, and monitoring operation of analytical instruments and utilization of resources.
- Ensuring implementation of quality assurance procedures and compliance with safety requirements.
- Evaluating and preparing technical reports and correspondence, maintaining records, and testifies to present technical findings, Interpretations and conclusions.
Qualifications For Inspection& Testing Assistant Manager Job
- A degree in Chemistry (BSc) from a recognized University.
- A Master of Science (MSc) degree in Chemistry from a recognized University will be an added advantage.
- Must have served for at least twelve (12) years in relevant chemical testing Laboratory.
- Comprehensive knowledge of chemistry and application of laboratory techniques in analysis of goods including foodstuffs, alcohol, chemical products, plastics, textiles and metals.
- Familiar with the Harmonized System (HS) goods classification Nomenclature, and tax administration laws and regulations.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to function independently and on own initiative.
- Good team player with high integrity.
- Leadership skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Information Technology proficiency and laboratory application software skills.
- Attentive to detail and analytical skills
How to Apply
Apply here not later than close of business on 11th July, 2016