The Company: We are a pioneering dynamic Insurance Company introducing a new and exciting ethical perspective to the Insurance market in Kenya and the region.
Founded in the year 2008, The Company is the first fully fledged ethically based operator in East and Central Africa.
We are founded on ethical principles and justice.
In view of our rapid expansion, we are in the process of strengthening our compliance function by recruiting, qualified experienced, competent and highly motivated individuals to fill the position of Actuarial Officer
Key Job Role: The selected candidate will be responsible for all actuarial services of the company including product design and development, product pricing and valuations, continuous risk management of existing insurance products, risk evaluation, review of various products, determination and evaluation of premium structure and policy conditions.
Reporting Line: The position holder shall report to the Manager/FT
Roles & Responsibilities
- Undertaking monthly liabilities valuation and calculating the value of new business and embedded value.
- Product design, development and pricing.
- Compile and analyze statistical information for decision making.
- Review of product performance on a quarterly basis to their profitability in consultation with the company’s consulting actuary.
- Analyzing the market and industry trend and provide reports to the management periodically
- Liaise with the investment department to ensure optimal return on all investment related products.
- To calculate the daily unit value for investment products and credit the various member fund accounts.
- Periodical determination and evaluation of premium rates’ structure, policy benefits and Conditions in respect of our products.
- Liaising with the consulting Actuary on all Actuarial matters
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor of Science, Actuarial Science degree from a recognized university. Holders of MSc Actuarial Science will have an added advantage
- Must have passed at least 5 professional Actuarial papers from Institute of Actuaries UK or Society of Actuaries USA.
- Three years’ experience performing Actuarial duties in an Insurance company
- Excellent verbally and written communication
How to Apply
Application letters and copy of current CV in one document with names and address of three referees should be sent by email to [email protected] so as to reach the HR& Administration Manager on or before September 15, 2015 at 5pm.