The Solar Revolution needs you!
BBOXX Capital Rwanda is looking for an Intercompany Accountant to support in the management of its accounts and finances.
BBOXX is an international company based in London leading the solar revolution across the developing world. Currently operating in 14 different countries BBOXX has already electrified 200,000 people. We are aiming to make that number 20 million by the year 2020.Unlike other off-grid solar providers, BBOXX controls the whole process from design to manufacture to distribution and financing.
Now we need anIntercompany Accountant to ensure our innovative plug & play solar systems continue to meet the energy needs and desires of the Ugandan people.
• Honest, reliable and trustworthy character (with referees to support)
• At least 1 year of experience as an accountant or accounts assistant;
• Experience in an accounting or auditing firm a distinct advantage
• Comfortable with one of the following accounting software packages (Sage, QuickBooks, ERP, SAP or equivalent).
• Good knowledge of double-entry bookkeeping
• Keen to learn attitude
• Previous work in a financial role in a fast-moving office environment
• Good attention to detail
• Impeccable time management
• Efficient and responsive work ethic
• Clean and tidy
• Fluent in spoken and written English
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Competent with Microsoft Office (Excel & Word esp.)
• Exposure to a customer relationship management system
• A certified public accountant: (CPA, ACCA, ACA) or a studier or holder of an equivalent qualification
• Advanced Excel skills ( Data validation, IF Formulae; VLOOK-UP)
• An undergraduate, bachelors or postgraduate degree in accounting or accountancy
• Formal training in IT, reporting and business administration
• Good people management
• Good knowledge of Kinyarwanda and/or other local languages a plus
• Good team player
• Experience in the solar or renewable energy industry
• Time spent in a retail oriented environment
• Experience with an international organization or business
• Interest or desire to learn more about accounting e.g. IFRS, intercompany transactions, accounts consolidation, intercompany loans
• Take ownership of the tracking of the intercompany transactions and other support as requested by management
• Assist the financial controller (FC) and finance director (FD) in the monthly reconciliation of intercompany accounts (stock, bank remittance, equity computation)
• Assist the FC with reporting to the FD
• Assist the FC with data entry towards the preparation of management accounts.
• Support the country accountants and help to ensure that related parties’ accounts are accurate
• Ensure the monthly intercompany accounts are filed correctly and accessible after month end closing.
• Provide support in preparing information for the annual external audit
• Record each country’s purchase and sales invoices issued by other BBOXX entities
• Ensure the accurate capture of intercompany transactions in the accounting software
• Track all intercompany transactions in an Excel schedule to prepare for later intercompany reconciliation.
• Inform the FC,FD and country accountants about any discrepancies in transactions between related parties.
• Assist the FC in the computation of equity, loan interest based on balances of related transactions
Administrative support to management and country accountants
• Assist the FC in the training of new bookkeepers for data entry of sales, payments and stock related transactions
• Assist the country accountants by supervising the bookkeepers for reconciliation (sales cash between CRM and ERP for sales, cash paid and cash banked by the hub accountant )
• Find and communicate discrepancies in the stock reconciliationin each country
• Obtain the weekly repair reports from each country and extract warranty related data
• Enter trial balances in Excel to produce management accounts at month ends
• Organize and file electronically each country’s accounts after month end closing
Intercompany accountants are paid a competitive salary based on their experience and qualifications.
Start date: As soon as possible.
How to apply:
Send your C.V. and cover letter to [email protected]
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview.
Unsuccessful applicants will be offered feedback on their application.