Cytonn Investments is an independent investment management firm, with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and D.C. Metro – U.S. We are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to individual high net-worth investors, global and institutional investors and Kenyans in the diaspora interested in the high-growth East-African region. We currently have over Kshs. 73 billion of investments and projects under mandate, mainly in real estate.
To manage our rapid growth and enhance our corporate structure, the firm is looking for a dynamic and hardworking individual with strong leadership and entrepreneurial skills to join as an Internal Audit Analyst.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to participate in our share ownership plan.
Internal Audit Analyst Job Overall Responsibility:
- Serves as the group’s Internal Audit Analyst, performing professional internal audit work as a key component of the corporate governance structure;
- Directing a comprehensive audit program including performance, financial, and compliance audit of all Investment and Real Estate projects;
- Provide direction to the group’s management and staff on all audit matters;
- Provide direction and lead when necessary in the development of the annual audit plan;
- Maintain organizational and professional ethical standards and works independently with extensive latitude for initiative and independent judgment;
- Review and advice on the entire company’s risks management in consultation with the Company’s Risk Manager;
Liaise with external auditors;
- Reporting on the internal audit findings, to the management;
- Determine compliance with policies and procedures;
- Perform audit procedures to verify that controls are operating through testing and interviewing techniques;
- Identify control gaps and areas for improvement;
- Taking part in the planning, organizing, directing and monitoring of internal audit operations, including assisting in hiring, training and evaluating staff and taking corrective actions to address performance problems;
- Monitoring departmental budgets and development and documentation of departmental policies and procedures;
- Directing the identification and evaluation of the company’s risk areas and the development of the annual audit plan;
- Helping in conducting interviews, reviewing documents, developing and administering surveys, composing summary memos, and preparing working papers;
- Communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to the Management and Board of Directors;
- Developing and maintaining productive client, staff, management, and Board relationships through individual contacts and group meetings;
- Pursuing professional development opportunities, including internal and external training and professional association memberships and share information gained with colleagues;
- Performing related work as assigned by the Audit, Risk and Compliance committee of the Board of Directors.
Education and Experience for Internal Audit Analyst Job
- Minimum Second Upper Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university, with a master’s degree as an added advantage;
KCSE B+ and above;
- Certifications such as CIA, CPA and CISA;
- At least one year of full-time experience in auditing, accounting or business analysis, with supervisory experience as an added advantage.
- Must also have the following demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, and management principles and preferred business practices;
- Considerable knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by The Institute of Internal Auditors;
- Knowledge of management information systems terminology, concepts, and practices;
- Considerable skill in conducting quality control reviews of audit work products;
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions;
- Skill in planning and project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines;
- Considerable skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems;
- Skill in using a computer with word processing, spreadsheet, and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries, and analyses;
- Considerable skill in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations;
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with colleagues, staff, and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment;
- Experience in industry auditing or accounting, and in supervising and conducting audits in information systems and other areas pertinent to the industry.
How to Apply
If you feel that you possess the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this job, please visit the Careers page here and upload your application letter and current CV by end of day on the 15th of August 2016. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.