- Serves as the group’s Internal Audit Associate, performing advanced level professional internal audit work as a key component of the corporate governance structure;
- Directing a comprehensive audit program including performance, financial, and compliance audit of all Investment and Real Estate projects;
- Provide direction to the group’s management and staff on all audit matters;
- Provide direction and lead when necessary in the development of the annual audit plan as well as continuous training, coaching and supervision of internal audit staff;
- Maintain organizational and professional ethical standards and works independently with extensive latitude for initiative and independent judgment;
- Review and advice on the entire company’s risks management in consultation with the Company’s Risk Manager;
- Liaise with external auditors;
- Reporting on the internal audit findings, to the Audit, Risk and Compliance committee of the Board.
- Job Functions:
- Taking part in the planning, organizing, directing and monitoring of internal audit operations, including assisting in hiring, training and evaluating staff and taking corrective actions to address performance problems;
- Directing the identification and evaluation of the company’s risk areas and the development of the annual audit plan;
- Helping in conducting interviews, reviewing documents, developing and administering surveys, composing summary memos, and preparing working papers;
- Communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to the Management and Board of Directors;
- Developing and maintaining productive client, staff, management, and Board relationships through individual contacts and group meetings;
- Pursuing professional development opportunities, including internal and external training and professional association memberships and share information gained with colleagues;
- Performing related work as assigned by the Audit, Risk and Compliance committee of the Board of Directors.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Second Upper Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university, with a master’s degree as an added advantage;
- KCSE B+ and above;
- Certifications such as CIA, CPA and CISA;
- Three years of full-time experience in auditing, accounting or business analysis, with at least one year of supervisory experience as an added advantage.
How to Apply