Cytonn Investments is an independent investment management firm, with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and D.C. Metro – U.S. We are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to individual high net-worth investors, global and institutional investors and Kenyans in the diaspora interested in the high-growth East-African region. We currently have over Kshs. 73 billion of investments and projects under mandate, mainly in real estate.
We are seeking highly motivated, self-driven, team players to participate in an intense 12 weeks training and analyst work in the Internal Audit Sector.
Internal Audit Internship Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the audit team in coordinating a comprehensive audit program including performance, financial, and compliance audit of all Investment and Real Estate projects;
- Assist in assigned duties for conducting internal audits and follow-up audit work;
- Assist in preparation and conducting departmental quality assessment review;
- Help to review and advice on the entire company’s risks management in consultation with the Company’s Audit team;
- Help in preparation of reports on the internal audit findings, to the management
- Assist in determining compliance with policies and procedures
- Assist in running audit procedures to verify that controls are operating through testing and interviewing techniques;
- Assist in monitoring departmental budget and development and documentation of departmental policies and procedures.
- Assist in identifying control gaps and areas for improvement;
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications for Internal Audit Internship
- Minimum Second Upper Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university;
- KCSE B+ and above;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to analyze information and come to a conclusion;
- Ability to make independent judgment and initiative to make decisions;
- Basic knowledge and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, and management principles and preferred business practices;
- Knowledge of management information systems terminology, concepts, and practices;
- Skill in planning and project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines;
- Basic skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems;
- Skill in using a computer with word processing, spreadsheet, and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries, and analyses;
- Considerable skill in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations;
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with colleagues, staff, and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment;
How to Apply
If you feel that you possess the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this job, please visit the Careers page here and upload your application letter and current CV by end of day on the 15th of August 2016. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.