: May 3rd, 2017
Cytonn Investments is an independent investment management firm, with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and D.C. Metro – U.S. We are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, local institutional investors and diaspora investors interested in the East-African region. We currently have over Kshs. 74 billion of investments and projects under mandate, mainly in real estate.
Directly reporting to the Board Audit Risk and Compliance Committee and administratively to the CEO, the Internal Audit Manager will be responsible for conducting audits and reviews in accordance with accepted professional auditing standards. The successful candidate will provide strategic direction and effective oversight on the internal audit functions, be a trusted advisor to management and Board’s audit, risk and compliance committee.
- Perform independent, objective assurance and consulting engagements designed to add value and improve Cytonn’s operations;
- Serves as the group’s Internal Audit Manager, performing professional internal audit work as a key component of the corporate governance structure;
- Directing a comprehensive audit program including performance, financial, and compliance audit of all Investment and Real Estate projects;
- Provide direction to the group’s management and staff on all audit matters;
- Provide direction and lead when necessary in the development of the annual audit plan;
- Maintain organizational and professional ethical standards and works independently with extensive latitude for initiative and independent judgment;
- Review and advise on the entire company’s risks management in consultation with the Company’s Risk Manager;
- Liaise with external auditors;
- Reporting on the Internal Audit findings to the management;
- Taking part in the planning, organizing, directing and monitoring of internal audit operations, including assisting in hiring, training and evaluating staff and taking corrective actions to address performance problems;
- Monitoring departmental budgets and development and documentation of departmental policies and procedures;
- Directing the identification and evaluation of the company’s risk areas and the development of the annual audit plan;
- Supervision of Internal Audit staff including reviewing work done;
- Communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to the Management and Board of Directors;
- Developing and maintaining productive client, staff, management, and Board relationships through individual contacts and group meetings;
- Pursuing professional development opportunities, including internal and external training and professional association memberships and share information gained with colleagues;
- Performing any other related work as assigned by the Management and/or the Board Audit, Risk and Compliance committee.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree in B.Com or any other business related degree, with a minimum Second Upper degree class;
- Membership to professional bodies (ICPAK/IIA) highly desirable;
- Full professional qualification: Certified Public Accountant (CPA K) and/or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and/or ACCA;
- Minimum of B+ in KCSE;
- MBA or CISA will be added advantage;
- At least 7 years audit experience;
- Results oriented and ability to meet strict deadlines;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills;
- High level of independence and integrity;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Possess exemplary report writing skills.