The Job Title: Internal Audit Manager
Position Summary: The holder of this role is responsible for managing the risk to the organisation, its employees, customers, reputation, assets and interests of stakeholders.
He /she is expected to act as a facilitator in business risk management by carrying out independent appraisals of the effectiveness of the policies, procedures and standards by which the organization’s financial, physical and information resources are managed.
- To plan, organize and carry out the internal audit function.
- To carry out risk assessment and risk evaluation for the organization.
- Champion health and safety for the organization.
- To inform the various stakeholders on the policies, programmes and activities of the department.
- To conduct audits of policy and compliance to standards, including liaison with internal and external stakeholders.
- To make recommendations on the systems and procedures being reviewed, report on the findings and monitor management’s response and implementation
- To review and report on the accuracy, timeliness and relevance of the financial and other information that is provided for management
- To report on the value for money that the business obtains in all its activities with special regard to economy, efficiency and effectiveness
- To conduct any reviews or tasks requested by the Directors, the audit committee, chief executive or finance director, provided a such reviews and tasks do not compromise the independence or objectivity of the internal audit function
Qualifications & Attributes
- A Degree from a recognized University.
- A recognized professional qualification e.g ACA, ACCA, CPA
- A minimum of three (3) years experience as an Audit Manager
- A knowledge of audit procedures, including planning, techniques, test and sampling methods involved in conducting audits
- A knowledge of computerised accounting and auditing record keeping systems
- An ability to gather, analyse and evaluate facts and to prepare and present concise oral and written reports
- An ability to maintain current knowledge of developments related to business matters of interest to internal audit, particularly legislation changes and developments as they affect organisations, and new auditing techniques and practices
- An ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with other organisation staff
- An ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
- An understanding of and empathy with the telecommunications services sector
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing the team.
- An ability to work unsupervised and work towards meeting deadlines
How to Apply
Qualified Candidates to send their CVs to [email protected] before 7th March 2016