Responsible for managing the full scope of operational audits for Group
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in risk management and provide appropriate guidance on the impact on the department
- Monitor the implementation of all actions identified and ensure best practice is spread across the internal Audit department
- Ensure detailed audit programmes based on the documented procedures and best practices are developed, for each identified audit project, giving special attention to potential risk areas.
- Prepare high quality written reports for management and the Audit Committee clearly describing the key findings and practical recommendations for improvements
- Coordinate implementation of internal audit strategies, policies and procedures.
- Coordinate visits to Regional and branch offices to ensure operations are in line with the Group.
- Verify documentation and review of existing accounting administrative and internal control systems for adequacy and effectiveness and making recommendations for improvement. This covers the entire Group operations and calls for thorough understanding of all the Group’s operations.
- Formulate and implement Internal Audit policies and operations manuals
- Ensure detailed audit tests are performed on all the Group’s operations based on Standard audit programmes in accordance with the approved annual audit plan. This includes recommendations to improve efficiency. The job holder may change the scope of the audit if actual circumstances in the field so demand.
- Maintain adequate and properly documented internal work performed and evidence in the Internal Audit systems.
- Assess the Audited department’s primary operational and financial risks and develop strategies to manage these areas.
- Provide feedback to staff on performance for each audit assignment
- Develop and implement the performance management plan and cycle as guided by the HR Policy
- Schedule and assign work to the audit team estimating resource needs
- Verify compliance with all the relevant legislation and regulatory requirement. This calls for regular updates with all the relevant legislation and statutory requirements affecting the group.
- Attendance and participation in the Management meetings to enhance understanding of the Group’s Operations
Key Performance Measures
- Performance against audit plan
- Audit coverage
- Rate of clearance of issues raised
- Performance improvement opportunities identified by IA and adopted by Management
- Percentage of draft audit reports issued within a month of completion of fieldwork
The Internal Audit Manager, Operations will be;
- Accountable to the Group Head of Internal Audit
- Directly responsible for Internal Auditor, Operations and Assistant Internal Auditor
- Work with other the departments as and when needed
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Master’s degree in Business Administration and Finance or any other related field will be an added advantage
- CPA (K) is a requirement/core
- Certified Information Systems Analyst (CISA) and Certified Financial Analyst (CFA); KASNEB are an added advantage
- 7- 10 years working experience with at least 3- 4 years’ experience in manager position
- At least 4 years’ experience in audit
Technical and functional competencies
- Knowledge of internal audit procedure
- Report writing-ability to develop reports
- Decision making –ability to make strategic decisions in a timely and effective manner
- High moral and ethical standing
- Highly motivated
Focuses on the Customers
Wednesday, August 19, 2015
A bachelor’s degree in business