Water Resources Management Authority
Position: Internal Audit Officer
Job Grade: WRMA 6
Number of Positions: Two (2)
Background: Water Resources Management Authority (WRMA) is a state corporation established in July 2005, under the provision of the Water Act 2002 of the Laws of Kenya.
The Authority is a non-profit, service oriented corporate body under the Ministry of Water and Irrigation.
It is charged with the responsibility of providing leadership in the management of water resources countrywide. It is also subject to the State Corporations Act which guides all state corporations in Kenya.
The Authority wishes to fill vacant positions within its Internal Audit function. It is looking for objective internal auditors who will help to add value and improve its operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
An officer at this level will work under the supervision of the Chief Internal Auditor.
Duties and responsibilities will include:-
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Understand the Authority’s Strategy and Business Objectives to focus Audit’s work on the highest risks.
- Provide advice on the design, implementation and operation of control systems
- Identify opportunities to make control cost savings, and promote a risk and control culture within organization
- Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
Experience, Academic and Professional Qualifications
The desired candidate must have the following qualifications:-
(i) Be in possession of a Bachelor’s Degree majoring in fields relevant to the audit function such as Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or any other relevant qualification from a recognized institution;
(ii) Be in possession of any of the following professional qualifications:- Certified Public Accountants (K), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Association of Certified Chartered Accountant;
(iii) Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases; and
(iv) Must have three (3) years of relevant experience.
Interested candidates should forward their application letter, current detailed CV and copies of academic and professional certificates.
The CV must have an active contact address, email, mobile telephone number and three referees who have known the applicant professionally.
How to Apply
Applicants should indicate on the envelope: “Application for Internal Auditor Officer”.
Applications should be hand delivered or sent to the address below, to be received not later than 8th July, 2016
The Chief Executive Officer, Water Resources Management Authority, NHIF Building 9th Floor Wing ‘B’ PO Box 45250-00100, Nairobi