Job Title: Internal Auditor
Organization: National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Internal Audit Manager
Job Ref: NEMA/ADV/EXT/11/2015
The National Environment Management Authority (NEMA) was established under the National Environment Act Cap. 153 to coordinate, monitor, enforce and supervise all activities in the field of environment for purposes of ensuring sustainable development in Uganda
Job Summary: The Internal Auditor will be tasked with the examination and evaluation of the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of NEMA’s internal control systems and procedures and recommend corrective actions to improve operations, enhance internal controls and reduce costs where possible.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assess the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the established internal controls and procedures.
• The incumbent will identify key areas of risk within the organization and propose appropriate controls to mitigate them.
• Take part in the production of risk–based annual audit plans detailing the scope, nature and timing of audit activities.
• Keenly review the accuracy, timeliness and relevance of financial information and other disclosures provided to management.
• Carry out value for money audits.
• Guide on and ensure that NEMA’s activities comply with laws, established policies and procedures.
• Prepare and submit internal audit reports on assignments and submit to the Internal Audit Manager.
• Produce quarterly audit reports and year end reports, and submit to the Internal Audit Manager.
• Conduct systems audits.
• Carry out IT audits.
• Provide consulting support to departments in the implementation of their activities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Commerce from a recognized Institution.
• A minimum of four years’ experience in an Internal Audit function in a busy Public or reputable Private Institution;
• Computer Literacy skills with proficiency in the use of Accounting Software Applications such as Sun systems, Navision, Tally, Pastel is a must
• Partial Professional Qualification in Accountancy or Auditing (e.g CPA, CIA or ACCA) is a must.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• High ethics, integrity and confidentiality
• Excellent reporting skills
• Ability to work under pressure and to make accurate and informed decisions.
• Excellent analytical and coordinating skills
• Ability to work independently and with strong organizational and planning skills.
• High degree of confidentiality
• Honest and courteous approach
• Ability to respond to requests and instructions on time
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications in their own handwriting and deliver them by hand OR through post and enclose copies of certificates/testimonials and detailed curriculum vitae indicating three professional referees addressed to:-
The Executive Director
National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
NEMA House, Plot 17/19/21 Jinja Road
P.O. Box 22255
Deadline: 15th October, 2015 by 5.00 pm
Note: The job title applied for should be printed at the top left hand side of the envelope.