Our Client is a newly registered micro finance bank. The micro finance industry is regulated by the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK).
As part of fulfilling Central Bank of Kenya regulations, they are looking to employ an internal Auditor who has worked for a Micro-Finance Bank.
Job Purpose:- The Incumbent is responsible for the timely execution of risk-based internal audits in accordance with the company’s audit plan, as well as assisting with other audit matters and projects.
The job holder must have previous experience as an internal auditor in a Microfinance regulated by Central Bank.
Duties & Responsibilities:-
- Ensures compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Conduct risk assessment of assigned department or functional area in established/required timeline
- Establish risk-based audit programs
- Completes audit work-papers by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Appraises adequacy of internal control systems by completing audit questionnaires.
- Maintains internal control systems by updating audit programs and questionnaires; recommending new policies and procedures.
- Communicates audit findings by preparing a final report; discussing findings with management and the auditees.
- Prepares special audit and control reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operating information and trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Determine compliance with policies and procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA K
- A minimum of three years’ experience working as an internal auditor in Microfinance environment a must.
- Strong analytical, written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- Systems knowledge and familiarity
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task.
- Proper and organized documentation skills and attentive to detail
- Good Presentation Skills
- Knowledge of Microfinance Act and Central Bank of Kenya Regulatory Rules
How to Apply
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees (1 of which should be immediate, 1 former supervisor and any other) should be submitted to:
On or before 14th October 2015
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate on the subject line as ‘Internal Auditor’