Kyeni Water & Sewerage Company (KYEWASCO) is one of the Water Service Providers contracted by Tana Water Services Board (TWSB) as an agent to provide water and sanitation services in Kyeni and Kagaari Divisions, Runyenjes town and its environs in Embu East Sub-County.
We hereby invite applications from suitably qualified, highly experienced professionals with excellent credentials to fill the following position:
Job Purpose: Reporting functionally to the Board Audit & Governance Committee and administratively to the General Manager, the Internal Auditor will be responsible for assisting management and the Board in the effective discharge of their responsibilities by furnishing them with reports containing analysis, recommendations, counsel and information concerning the activities / operations reviewed including Risk, Management Systems and Governance.
- Designing, reviewing and developing audit techniques and procedures for assessing comprehensive financial and systems audit reporting.
- Reviewing and appraising the soundness and efficiency of all internal control systems including but not limited to financial, operations and procedures.
- Identification and evaluation of the company’s risk areas and development of the annual Audit Plan.
- Analyzing outcomes of audit activities, providing timely and accurate reports and following through to ensure that recommendations are considered and implemented in a timely manner.
- Communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to Management and the Board of Directors via Audit & Governance Committee.
- Carrying out special audits and investigations as may be required from time to time and preparing reports of findings for the Board.
- Liaising with the external auditors as appropriate to ensure timely external auditing is carried out on the organization.
- Performing related work as assigned by the Audit & Governance Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA Part III Section 6 Finalist)
- Professional Membership will be an added advantage
- Have demonstrated professional competence in Auditing and Computerized Accounting
- Three (3) years relevant working experience in a similar position.
- Must have high level of integrity, confidentiality, and excellent administrative and organization skills.
- Excellent Computer skills.
- Good report writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work under strict deadlines.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should send their Hard Copy applications along with copies of their certified academic and professional certificates stating current and expected remuneration, accompanied by detailed CV, telephone contact, e-mail address and three (3) referees to the address below.
The position reference should be clearly marked on the envelope.
Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 15th April 2016
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be sent to the address below:-
The General Manager Kyeni Water and Sewerage Company P.O. Box 315 – 60103 Runyenjes