Job Title: Internal Auditor
Organisation: Tropical Bank Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior, Internal Audit
Tropical Bank Limited was established in 1973 under the name Libyan Arab Uganda Bank for Foreign Trade and Development. Tropical Bank Limited is jointly owned by the Governments of the Republic of Uganda 0.03% and the Libyan Foreign Bank (LFB) 99.97% of Paid-up Capital. The Bank provides professional and personalized commercial banking services to various sectors of the economy including financial support to Parastatals, Corporates, Small and Medium Enterprises, Individuals, and Non-Governmental Organisations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Under the guidance of the Senior Internal Auditor, the incumbent will perform periodic reviews of departmental and branch audits stipulated in the annual audit plan and report findings.
• Carry out a risk assessment of assigned department or branch before formulation of the audit program
• Carry out follow up and snap check audits as assigned.
• Routinely review the Bank of Uganda returns and report within 24 hours.
• The incumbent will be tasked with the preparation of a draft audit report after completion of fieldwork as per project plan.
• Participate in annual risk assessment.
• Follow up and check implementation of internal audit and external audit recommendations
• Continuously assess and evaluate the risks and ensure appropriate internal controls are in place.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant should preferably hold a bachelor’s degree in Finance, accounting, Business Administration, Quantitative Economics, Statistics and any other related business course
• Possession of Part 2 ACCA, CIA or CPA
• A minimum of two years’ experience in internal auditing and or bank
• Membership of IIA Uganda is an added advantage
• Excellent communication skills.
How to Apply:
If your qualifications and experience match those described above please send a detailed application together with your CV, copies of your academic certificates and transcripts and a cover letter of not more than 2 pages explaining why you consider yourself to be the best suited candidate.
Head- Human Resource & Admin,
Tropical Bank Limited,
Plot 54 Lugogo Bypass (Rotary Avenue)
P.O. Box 9485, Kampala
Deadline: 14th August, 2015 by 4PM