Reports to: The Governing Council functionally
Executive Director/CEO administratively
The position is responsible for the implementation of the annual risk based audit plans approved by the Governing Council’s Audit Committee through execution of operational, compliance, systems, performance and value for money audit.
Responsibilities for the Internal Auditor Job
- Plan and conduct risk based internal audits of various departments including operational, compliance, system and value for money audits in line with Centre’s Annual Audit Plan as approved by the Governing Council Audit Committee.
- Conduct discussions with Senior Management on key audit issues and recommendations through exit conferences at the end of the audit assignments.
- Participate in the annual audit risk profiling and updating of the Centre’s risk register.
- Follow up on implementation of audit recommendations and prepare statistics on the number of audit issues outstanding, resolved and prepare summary of action taken or to be taken to resolve unresolved issues.
- Perform other adhoc audit assignments relating to governance, risk management and control as appropriate to the Centre.
- Participate in the Corruption Prevention Committee of the Centre as directed by the HOD
- Provide support to the External Auditors – both statutory by KENAO or other auditors, covering Financial and System Audits.
- Carry out audit reviews of the strategic plan to ensure its implementation in line within set timelines.
- Prepare draft annual audit plan and budget for review by Manager, Internal Audit.
- Create and develop audit programs, checklists to facilitate execution of audit assignments assigned.
- Document audit work by preparing audit working papers and the audit file.
- Prepare draft audit reports at completion of each audit assignment for review by the Manager, Internal Audit.
- Facilitate Internal Controls /Risk Assessment workshops and issue targeted control sensitization communication aimed at improving internal control awareness in order to embed a control culture in the Centre as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Participate in preparation of the Governing Council Papers for the Governing Council Audit Committee
Qualifications for the Internal Auditor Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting or Business related field;
- Full professional qualification like Certified Public Accountant (CPAK) and/or Certified Internal
- Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and/or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) as an added advantage.
- At least 5 years Internal Audit experience gained from reputable organizations; and
- Diverse experience in in managing internal controls
- Proficiency in ICT
- Ability to communicate both inside and outside the Centre
- Ability to write complex reports
- Analytical skills
- Organization and inter personal skills
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and multi task.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to send their applications preferably in hard copies. Applications can also be emailed using the email addresses provided. All applications should be received by 9 December 2016. The applications should be addressed to: The Executive Director/CEO The Kenya Cultural Centre P.O. Box 43031 – 00100NAIROBI Email: [email protected] and copy to [email protected] Application submission should include the following: Cover letter, applicant’s CV, copies of relevant certificates and recommendations, names and contacts of three professional referees and a copy of national identity card