Internal Auditor Jobs at Unison Sacco (Nanyuki)
Unison Sacco Society Limited is a fast growing Sacco registered by SASRA with the head office based in Nanyuki.
We are looking for an experienced, hardworking and pro-active individual to fill the following position.
In brief, the Internal Auditor will be responsible for ensuring that all Sacco operations are in compliance with existing legislations, Sacco Rules, Regulations and Procedures and will have the overall responsibility to manage the Saccos Internal Audit function, providing an independent and objective appraisal of Saccos financial operational and internal control activities.
The position will also provide recommendations for improving these controls and other aspects of the business.
Internal Auditor Job Key Responsibilities
- Formulating and implementing the risk-based internal audit strategy to evaluate the Saccos operating standards
- Initiating and maintaining internal audit controls systems for effective utilization of the Society’s resources
- Coordinating internal and external auditors annual and interim audits
- Preparing periodic audit reports for the Board
- Ensuring compliance with established and internationally recognized management systems, administrative and personnel policies as well as procurement procedures
- Conducting ad- hoc and special audit of systems and financial transactions
- Evaluating the financial and operational procedures of adequacy and effectiveness of internal control systems
- Advising the Board on audit, risk and control issues
- Determining compliance with policies and procedures. by laws and other laws
- Reporting functionally co the audit committee and administratively to the C.E.O
- Performing any other duties that may be assigned
Education and Professional Qualifications for the Internal Auditor Job
- Bachelors degree in business related field from a recognized university
- Suitable professional qualifications such as (CPA (K), CFA, CISA or ACCA).
- Proficiency in MS office packages and working experience in a computerized environment preferably an ERP
- Member of professional body such as ICPAK or ACCA with a current good standing
- At least three (3) years relevant experience, two (2) of which must be in a senior audit position in a financial institution or co-operatives sector.
- Knowledge of credit and lending principles
- Adequate knowledge of regulatory framework in the financial Sacco sector will be an added advantage
How to Apply
- Interested candidates MUST submit current CV giving day time telephone contact, email address, (3) referees who should have their current informational understanding and a covering letter explaining suitability for the position, not later than 5th December 2016 The application should be addressed to:
- The Chief Executive Officer, Unison Sacco Society Ltd. P.O Box 414, 10400, Nanyuki. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.