Internal Auditor Jobs At SMEP In Kenya
Internal Auditor (1) – REF: AUD /01/INT/2016
SMEP is a Christian Microfinance Bank with a nation-wide presence, licensed and regulated by the Central Bank of Kenya
Under the supervision of the Head of Internal Audit and the Audit Senior, the incumbent will provide assurance with regards to the effectiveness and adequacy of the MFB’s internal control system, risk management and governance, policies, procedures, processes and the MFB’s compliance to statutory requirements and regulations.
Internal Auditor Job Responsibilities In Kenya
- Formulating and ensuring the execution of Audit programs in line with the overall MFB’s strategic plan.
- Review the effectiveness and efficiency of operations. Review application of and adherence to SMEP MFB policies and procedures across field operations.
- Promote Internal Audit as a value add to the organization and deliver audit services that consistently improve the control environment and achieve operational excellence.
- Provide business insight and communicate all audit related issues to the senior Auditor if appropriate, the Head of Internal Audit.
- Perform audit assignments including proper planning; audit testing, schedules and developing audit programs, working papers or documentation, disclosure of audit findings and drafting audit reports in close liaison with audit Senior.
- Carry out routine, continuous and adhoc audits compile quality and timely detailed findings, implications and make necessary recommendations to management for system and controls improvements.
- Performing any other duties as required from time to time.
Qualifications For Internal Auditor Jobs In Kenya
- A bachelor’s degree in commerce or equivalent
- CPA(K) or equivalent
- CISA qualification will be an added advantage
- 2 (Two) years’ experience in Internal Audit or in a professional Audit firm
- Good communication skills
- Good report writing skills
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Age (26-35)years
The job will involve travelling up to 80% of the time.
How to Apply
- Qualified and interested candidates who meet the above criteria should download the “Job Application Form” HERE, and send their filled applications to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 11th March, 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.