Group Internal Auditor Job at Duma Works, Kenya
Duma Works is recruiting a Group Internal Auditor for one of our clients; a leading clearing and forwarding company in Kenya.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide independent assurance that the Group’s risk management, governance and internal control processes are operating effectively.
Internal Auditor Job Main Duties
The following duties and responsibilities are attributed to this position:
- Manage the development and implementation of an internal risk based audit strategy and annual plan for the group.
- Plan and conduct audits to assess controls, operational and technical efficiencies and compliance with selected policies, procedures and regulations.
- Develop the Group’s risk management framework and monitor the risk maturity and ensure this is reflected in the strategy.
- Keep abreast of legislative issues, new audit regulations/trends and appropriate audit direction/ methodology.
- Conduct periodic training workshops to promote awareness of internal controls and discuss changes in policies that will impact the Group.
- Provide an objective and evidence based annual opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of all aspects of the Group’s governance, risk management and internal control and draft an annual governance report.
- Prepare and present accurate internal audit reports for consideration of the shareholders
- Report on internal control issues and the implementation of the internal audit plan to shareholders
- Attending to any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Academic and professional qualifications for Internal Auditor Job
- Bachelors’ degree
- Professionally qualified (ACCA / CIMA / CFA/ CA).
Skills and work experience
- 5 to 7 years financial experience, through public accounting/auditing and/or industry experience.
- Ideally trained/worked with big 4 firm
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- Knowledge of enterprise risk management and internal controls
- High initiative.
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken English)
Fluent written and spoken English
Good interpersonal skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) with all levels within the Group.
Unquestioned personal integrity with strong ethics and values.
Ability to stand firm on difficult issues when required.
Capable of working independently and with minimum supervision.
Logical approach to identifying and evaluating issues and problem solving.
Well-developed organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments.
Displays awareness of the need for confidentially in sensitive matters.
Demonstrated job commitment and personal flexibility to meet changing expectations.
Commitment to self-development and expansion of knowledge.
High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
How to Apply
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to [email protected] marking the subject as “2319”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2319, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through. any Applications without a Motivation Letter will not be considered. Deadline for receiving applications: 10th Aug 2016