The Office of the Controller of Budget is an independent Office established under Article 228 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
Its core mandate is to oversee implementation of the budgets of the National and County governments, approve withdrawals from the Consolidated Fund (Article 206), County Revenue Fund (Article 207) and Equalisation Fund (Article 204) and report on Budget Implementation to Parliament every four months.
Pursuant to Article 252 (1) (c) of the Constitution, the Office seeks to recruit highly qualified and competent staff to fill the following vacant positions:
Grade COB 6
Reporting to the Chief Internal Auditor, the officer will be responsible for implementing internal audit policies, systems and procedures in line with the audit plan.
- Implement internal control systems for the organization;
- Implement and maintains internal audit policy, systems and procedures;
- Implement the audit plan;
- Prepare periodic/adhoc audit reports;
- Undertake internal audits in accordance with generally accepted international auditing standards;
- Operationalize the organization’s compliance with statutes, regulations and government guidelines;
- Undertake forensic investigations;
- Verify correctness and validity of pension claims;
Requirements for the position
- Must have a Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Commerce Finance/Accounting or its equivalent from a recognized university;
- Must have at least 3 years relevant work experience;
- Must be a qualified Accountant;
- Must be well versed with the Constitution of Kenya, 2010;
- Must be an active member of a relevant professional body with good standing;
Required Skills and Personal Attributes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player
Terms and Conditions of Service: Successful candidates for the above positions will be offered a competitive remuneration package and will be appointed on a three (3) year contract term.
How to Apply
Qualified interested candidates should submit their applications quoting the job title on both the envelope and the cover letter.
Enclose a detailed and up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating your current remuneration, Home County, e-mail address and reliable daytime telephone contacts, together with copies of your certificates, testimonials and national identity card.
You should also give the names of two referees who must be familiar with your previous work/academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Controller of Budget Bima House 12th Floor, Harambee Avenue. P.O Box 35616-00100
The closing date is 15th September, 2015.
Only complete applications received by this deadline will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Office of the Controller of Budget is an equal opportunity employer.