|Post Title:||Personal Associate||Vacancy Notice:||2017/18/G 102209|
|Level:||G-6||Deadline for applications:||21 June 2017 – 6 July 2017|
|Duty Station:||Nairobi||Date for entry on duty:||After 6 July 2017|
The Organizational Setting
The Regional Office is primarily responsible for maintaining continuous liaison with the States to which it is accredited and with appropriate organizations, regional civil aviation bodies and sub-regional bodies and UN Agencies and programmes. The Regional Office ensures interregional coordination and promotes the timely and harmonized implementation of ICAO policies, decisions, Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs) and air navigation plans. The Regional Office also provides technical guidance and assists States with implementation.
The position reports to the Regional Director (RD) who is the Head of the Regional Office and serves as the Representative of the Secretary General to States to which the Regional Office is accredited; plans and directs the work of the Regional Office; provides technical advice and assistance to States on the development and implementation of Regional Plans; and coordinates the delivery of ICAO programme activities within the Regional Office in collaboration with States, regional and sub-regional groups.
The incumbent provides support to the directorate including the Regional Director. Specific instructions and directives will be provided by the Regional Director on special tasks or complex issues. iunur
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Function 1 (incl. Expected results)
Provides administrative and executive support to the Regional Director, achieving results such as:
- Review, screen, log and route documents and correspondence coming in and out of the Office of the Director ensuring that necessary background documents are attached.
- Maintain effective follow-up system to track and locate the documents and correspondence.
- Maintain files whether in hard copy or electronic format for reference of the directorate on specific, policy as well as confidential issues.
- Prepare correspondence, documents and reports, some of which are highly confidential, ensuring accuracy and conformity with ICAO procedures and standard format.
- Prepare non-substantive correspondence and ensure timely dispatch.
- Maintain date records of amendments to ICAO Annexes and technical documents stored at the offices of RD for reference.
- Perform general duties such as receiving and screening incoming calls and answering queries in a discrete manner.
- Control, supervise and keep log of pouch dispatch, incoming and outgoing.
Function 2 (incl. Expected results)
Coordinates and arranges meetings and appointments, achieving results such as:
- Schedule of meetings and appointments for the Regional Director are properly recorded and timely coordinated.
- Receive visitors of the Regional Director and accord them with appropriate treatment, prepare necessary documents for the meetings as required.
- Coordinate internal meetings with Regional Officers and staff according to the regular schedule or as needs arise with proper notification and follow-up.
- Prepare summary/minutes of the meetings as required.
Function 3 (incl. Expected results)
Coordinates and supervises office support services of the Regional Office, achieving such results as:
- Coordinate and monitor office services of the Regional Office to ensure efficient services.
- Initiate work procedures to improve support services, keep the assistants informed of the up to date related ICAO practices and procedures related to correspondence.
- Brief and train new staff and provide guidance to other staff on correspondence procedures.
Function 4 (incl. Expected results)
Coordinates travel arrangement for the Regional Director, achieving such results as:
- Coordinate with relevant Units, States/Administrations and Organizations on the programmes of visits, develop and finalize programme of visit in consultation with supervisor.
- In consultation with the relevant States/Stakeholders, arrange for visas and hotel bookings for the RD in line with the established rules and procedures.
- Coordinate with the relevant sections in HQ and/or Regional Office Administrative Section to ensure proper arrangement of travel documents.
- Process mission travel requests in accordance with the prescribed practice and procedures.
- Process security clearance.
- Process travel claim in a timely manner.
- Assist supervisor in the preparation of mission documentation and submission of the reports on schedule
Function 5 (incl. Expected results)
Prepares periodic report and briefing documents, achieving such results as:
- Coordinate with officers concerned requesting inputs for the mission reports, according to the prescribed schedule.
- Compile, edit and finalize the reports for submission in a timely manner.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations for briefings and meetings in accordance with the established format.
- Research, collate and prepare briefing documents for supervisor as required.
Function 6 (incl. Expected results)
Performs other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
A College Diploma or equivalent level of education. Additional training in office management, secretariat or related field.
A first-level university Degree in Business Management or related field
- At least six years of progressively responsible experience in office administration in a public or private administration.
- Experience in office management, communication and coordination tasks, maintenance of records and files, and competency in modern office technology.
- Experience working in a multi-national and multi-cultural environment. Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential matters in a prompt and discrete manner.
- Experience in administrative policies, protocol and procedures of the UN or large multinational organization desirable.
- Experience in dealing with high level officials, government representatives or senior executives from States, is an advantage.
Fluent reading, writing and speaking abilities in English.
Knowledge of any language of the Organization (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish). Working knowledge of one of the local languages in the duty Station is considered an advantage.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style, and format to match the audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Planning and Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients ” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Conditions of Employment
It should be noted that this post is to be filled on a fixed-term basis for an initial period of three years (first year is probationary for an external candidate).
ICAO staff members are international civil servants subject to the authority of the Secretary General and may be assigned to any activities or offices of the Organization within the duty station.
ICAO staff members are expected to conduct themselves in a manner befitting their status as international civil servants. The Standards of Conduct for the International Civil Service adopted by ICAO, which are applicable to all staff members, are defined in the ICAO Service Code (Staff Regulations).
ICAO offers an attractive benefit package to its employees in accordance with the policies of the International Civil Service Commission (ICSC).
The statutory retirement age for staff entering or re-entering service after 1 January 2014 is 65. For external applicants, only those who are expected to complete a term of appointment will normally be considered.
|Remuneration:||Level||Net Base Salary
How To Apply
Interested candidates must complete an on-line application form. To apply, please visit ICAO’s e-Recruitment website at: https://careers-new.icao.int/
Notice to Candidates
ICAO does NOT charge any fees or request money from candidates at any stage of the selection process, nor does it concern itself with bank account details of applicants. Requests of this nature allegedly made on behalf of ICAO are fraudulent and should be disregarded.