Purpose of the role: Based in the Nairobi office, the Senior Analyst will research and produce reports on security, political, legal, governance, human rights and social issues related to Kenya and/or the region.
- Conducts extensive field research into prevailing issues of Kenya and/or its region;
- Provides written analyses on the key issues;
- Prepares detailed reports, briefing papers and derivative products (op-eds, commentaries, short notes) setting out relevant research findings and policy recommendations in concise and clear fashion;
- Proposes policy initiatives for governmental, intergovernmental, political, and non-governmental stakeholders to address the underlying issues;
- Advocates, both locally, nationally and internationally, when appropriate, and represents Crisis Group at events, meetings and in media interviews;
- Provide general support to the Project and/or Program Director with respect to current and future Crisis Groups activities and projects in the region.
Candidates who wish to be considered for the role should apply before 10 November 2016.
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, political science, journalism, sociology or equivalent through experience. Masters degree an asset;
- Three to five years professional experience in government, academia, international organisations, NGOs or journalism.
- Proven excellent writing skills and the ability to formulate well-targeted policy recommendations.
- Strong research and analytical skills and ability to propose policy interventions;
- Extensive knowledge of key issues in the region;
- Expertise covering governance issues, security sector reforms and institution building;
- A proven strong network of governmental and non-governmental officials, media and civil society in the country and region;
- Experience in political analysis and conflict prevention;
- Fluency in English; knowledge of local languages advantageous.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including good public presentation skills, and a very strong capacity for effective teamwork.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and often demanding environment.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here