Note: To be considered for this position, you must possess Kenyan citizenship or have a valid work permit to work in Kenya.
Reporting to the Regional Director of the Regional Office for Sub-Saharan Africa (ROSSA) and working closely with the Communications and Media Relations Office and the Executive Assistant, you will provide support to the Regional Director and program staff in the areas of program development and learning in the region. In particular, you will gather strategic intelligence on trends and policy developments to support IDRC’s strategic plan and programming. You will also monitor, synthesize and advise on regional program developments in the region including risk management. You will conduct research, analyze data, and produce various briefing papers, reports and presentations in support of specific ROSSA initiatives and regional representation. As well, you will be responsible for managing Flex Program funding, coordinating strategic activities (e.g. consultations, meetings and key learning events), supporting web-page management, writing extensively, preparing documentation and occasionally representing IDRC at key events.
Master’s degree in a discipline relevant to international development (e.g. applied natural or social sciences)
This Position Requires Minimum Of Five Years Of Relevant International Development Work Experience In The Field Of Policy Analysis And Research Management, Which Includes
monitoring and gathering strategic intelligence using various networks and media;
undertaking, analyzing and synthesizing research, summarizing key findings, and drawing accurate conclusions;
making recommendations on impact of new developments and trends;
designing, implementing, managing and monitoring projects;
coordinating meetings, conferences and learning events;
preparing briefing papers, reports and presentations;
building and maintaining collaborative partnerships; and
working in developing regions, particularly Sub-Saharan Africa.
Bilingual position requiring superior or advanced English and French communication language skills. Language testing will be conducted.
Knowledge of major development and strategic issues being discussed in Sub-Saharan Africa and international development community, including the role of research
Familiarity with database management or statistical software
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
- Strong strategic thinking, networking, numerical and analytical skills
- Ability to analyze and synthesize large amounts of information, draw conclusions and make recommendations for action
- Sound project management skills (planning, coordination, implementation and monitoring) to deliver quality results on time and within budget
- Proven ability to multi-task, set priorities, take initiative and to work under pressure with demanding deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, independently and as part of a team
- Adaptable and flexible to adjust rapidly to changing needs
- Diplomacy, judgment and tact
- Sound MS-Office, internet, and website/information management skills
- Awareness of and sensitivity to individual, gender and cultural differences
This position requires occasional travel within the Sub-Saharan Africa region.
For more information regarding primary duties or responsibilities, view Job Details .
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here