International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. International Medical Corps currently implements projects in various counties in Kenya.
International Medical Corps is seeking a candidate to fill the position of a Field Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to support Nutrition interventions in the country.
The project officer will be based in Samburu and will be required to support a few more counties.
Program development and implementation support
- Support all M&E initiatives for assigned grant(s) / project(s) including monitoring data quality, tracking the progress of activities, and contributing to staff capacity building initiatives as necessary.
- In Liaison with the field teams, hold regular review meetings to assess the progress against the set targets and advice the supervisor and the management with recommendations on the progress as per internal policies, donor regulations and the project timelines.
- Lead in creating a framework and procedures for the monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
- Support the Program Managers and the staffs in defining and implementing the key project performance indicators (KPI) as well as monitoring them throughout the duration of the projects.
- Support project/program staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture program progress.
- Support nutrition manager and staffs in reviewing the performance of existing management Information systems to help identify potential modifications or resources.
- Be the key focal point for data analysis and Information Management.
- Keep abreast of developments in grant/program changes and progress in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase program performances and results.
- Analyze changes and patterns in KPI indicator data and performance reports and lead the rest of the staff and stakeholders in undertaking Nutrition surveys and assessments.
- Ensures that verifiable, quantitative data analysis is shared with relevant staffs and managers and other stakeholders within the project area to inform program design and review.
- Communication, Documentation and Reporting
- Support National Nutrition Manager and field program managers in development and reviewing donor reports to ensure high quality reports are submitted on time as per grant requirements
- Assist M& E national officer and managers in establishing log frames, M&E work plans, and targets during the project designs and monitoring of the implementation of the same throughout the project period
- Review and analyze weekly reports with the program manager to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and to enhance quality of reporting.
- Seeks opportunities for information sharing and learning exchanges with local actors/INGOs to promote coordination at local and national level
- Lead the project team in development of best practices, success stories and Lessons learnt from operations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong back ground in community nutrition with a minimum of 2 years of experience.
- Minimum academic qualification of a degree in Nutrition/health related field with specialization in M&E.
- Experienced in representing former/current organization at sub-national, national and regional level.
- Excellent team building/working skills, strong personal and interpersonal skills with demonstrated leadership and supervisory excellence.
- Strong Analytical skills with prowess in SMART, ENA, EPI infor, SPSS, SQUEAC,SLEEK, LQAS, etc.
- Good field work skills with good understanding of organization’s project area.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates to submit applications BY E-MAIL ONLY which should include:-
(1) Application Letter;
(2) Current C.V. with telephone number and e-mail address;
(3) Three referees with contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses
not later than 2nd September, 2015
Any attachments apart from the above mentioned will lead to disqualification of the application.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.