International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide.
International Medical Corps currently implements projects in various counties in Kenya.
International Medical Corps is seeking a candidate to fill the position of a Human Resource Manager to support the Kenya mission based in Nairobi.
Summary Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and provide direction to staff recruitment and contracts.
- Provide strategic leadership and technical support in Human Resource Management and Administration.
- Assist to develop and streamline HR practices and policies that are aligned to the organization’s strategy.
- Review staff Job descriptions.
- Maintain and update Insurance Files.
- Build, strengthen and share lessons learned with regard to HR best practices.
- Facilitation of international staff movement – planning and purchasing of air tickets.
- Maintain expatriate legal status for expatriates visiting Kenya – work permits, visas and passes.
- Ensuring compliance to regulations including personnel policies and records, Employee Laws and Issues.
- Maintain good inter-team communications engender good team dynamics and handle staff grievances and counseling.
- Assist in the implementation of employee orientation programs, supervision and training needs (i.e. sexual harassment training) and career development programs.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource or Other relevant University Degree.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in an INGO.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.
- Experience in utilizing computers – word processing and spread sheets.
- High degree of integrity, very good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Should be highly organized, able to take initiative to prioritize and work independently.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates to submit applications BY E-MAIL ONLY which should include:-
(1) Application Letter;
(2) Current C.V. with telephone number and e-mail address;
(3) Three referees with contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses
not later than 2nd September, 2015
Any attachments apart from the above mentioned will lead to disqualification of the application.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.