Industry: Health Care
Our Client, an International NGO whose core business is reproductive health and family planning to the world’s poorest and vulnerable women is seeking to recruit a Care Assistant.
The holder of this position will be required to take up responsibilities beyond the hospital setup care/nursing assistant role.
- To provide care to clients under guidance of the nurse, clinical officer and the Center Manager
- To provide other services that seek to promote the image of the company.
- Follows all aspects of the infection prevention protocol and assist in Infection Prevention activities as directed by the Team Leader
- Ensure that theatre and bed linen is clean, pressed and available at all times.
- Keeps the kitchen clean and neatly arranged ensuring that utensils and cutlery are accounted for and hygienically kept.
- Runs errands as requested by the Centre Manager, such as banking daily income and buying items from petty cash, and provides the required receipts.
- Support the Centre/ Outreach team members by assisting to sterilize equipment and assist in the procedures as requested by service providers.
- Prepares and serves refreshments for staff and clients at agreed times or as directed by the team leader.
- Provides clients’ personal hygiene by giving bedpans, urinals, baths, assisting with travel to the bathroom; helping with showers and baths.
- Provides for activities of daily living by assisting with serving meals, feeding clients as necessary; ambulating, turning, and positioning clients; providing fresh water and nourishment between meals.
- To support clients through the provision of vocal local techniques during procedures.
- Minimum ‘O’ Level qualification
- Tertiary qualification in business studies, nurse aide, customer care, front office management, or similar will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 1 year post training working experience..
- High regard for confidentiality
- Good communicator – written and oral
- Possess I.T skills for example sending emails, using MS Office, Internet etc.
- High regard for client care
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to [email protected] before close of business 15th March, 2016.
Clearly indicate the position applied for, the preferred region and salary expectation on the subject line.