Job Title: Senior Transport Assistant
Organisation: Marie Stopes International (MSI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Admin & Fleet Coordinator
Marie Stopes International (MSI) is a global non-profit organisation providing personalised contraception and safe post-abortion care services to women and girls. Our local teams of professionals are passionate about the work they do in communities across 37 countries. The services we provide give a woman the power to choose when she has children so that she is free pursue her plans and dreams for herself and her family.
Job Summary: The Senior Transport Assistant oversees all transport assistants in technical aspects and ensures that all Marie Stopes Uganda vehicles are operated and maintained according to Marie Stopes Uganda Policies and Procedures. S/he also has responsibilities as a transport assistant.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure that the transport assistants keep up-to-date records for each vehicle regarding vehicle travel, maintenance and fuel consumption.
• Make sure that the transport assistants inspect vehicles daily to ensure fuel, oil and water are at proper levels and that vehicles are clean inside and outside.
• Routinely review weekly control sheets from all transport assistants and provides feedback.
• Schedule repairs and routine vehicle maintenance as needed; advise supervisor concerning garage and mechanic performance; and recommend the most cost efficient means of maintaining properly functioning vehicles.
• Meet regularly with transport assistants to review driving rules and personal appearance, as well as spot checking performance of transport assistants by riding with each one at least two times quarterly.
• Ensure that vehicles are not driven by unauthorized persons.
• Ensure all transport assistants have valid drivers license while in the operation of MSU vehicles.
• Once annually, conduct a “check-ride” with all drivers. Check rides should cover good driving skills.
• Work with immediate supervisor to coordinate training efforts for TA’s
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant should preferably hold a Diploma in a related field
• At least five years’ driving experience with some supervisory experience
• Possess a valid driver’s license with all classes, availability for extended in-country travel.
• Good knowledge of vehicle mechanics is an added advantage.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to read speak and write English.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to relate well with organisation/team members
The Senior Transport Assistant is required to demonstrate MSI Uganda’s core values of:
• Accountability of all staff to each other and our clients and stakeholders
• Equality of opportunity and access
• Value for money in the management of our resources
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their electronic applications including a cover letter, updated CV and academic documents via E-mail to: [email protected]
Deadline: 21st August, 2015