Location: Various Locations
Our client, an international NGO in quality reproductive health care and family planning wishes to recruit a Regional Driver who will be responsible for driving team members, visitors or any other persons as maybe requested by the Travel and Transport Officer.
Additionally she/he is responsible for the maintenance and taking good care of his/her assigned vehicle, under the supervision of the line supervisor.
In liaison with the Logistics Officer ensure that all vehicles are well maintained at a high standard
Duties and Responsibilities
- Driving company vehicles as maybe assigned to specific destinations.
- Collecting or delivering of goods, supplies, documents, mails, as maybe assigned
- Ensure company vehicles are solely used for official/authorized business
- Drive team members and visitors to specified destinations for example field, meetings, airport pickups and drop offs etc
- Adherence to road safety and regulations
- Inspect the vehicle/motorbike every morning before departure.
- Check daily status of tyres, brakes, engine oil, dents etc.
- Always check and keep safe vehicle refuelling cards since they form part of Accountable documents.
- Ensure Vehicle insurance is up to date, life savers and fire extinguisher is available and in order.
- Ensure the vehicle assigned to is always clean and tidy
- Assist in repair and maintenance of the vehicles
- Report accidents/incidents immediately to the Travel & transport officer or the Logistics Officer
- Further report to the nearest police station and obtain a Police abstract.
- Secure all company property in the occurrence of an accident
Skills & Abilities:
- ‘O’ Certificate qualification.
- Minimum of three (3) of driving experience in the same position.
- Possess a clean and valid driving license (Class ABCE and G for motorcycle drivers)
- Possess a certificate of good conduct.
- Qualification in defensive driving and a certificate of competence from AA Kenya will be an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good command of English and Swahili
- Possess basic I.T skills
- Security and safety minded
- Willingness to work longer hours as maybe be required
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to [email protected] before 11th September, 2015.
Clearly indicate the position applied for, and expected remuneration, on the subject line.