International NGO Regional Medical Officer Job in Kenya | New Kenyan Jobs :: A Collection of Jobs in Kenya
Our Client, an International NGO whose core business is Reproductive Health and Family Planning to millions of the world’s poorest and vulnerable women, is looking to recruit a Regional Medical Officer.
In particular, the Regional Medical Officer is required to ensure that all technical aspects relating to the provision of quality and excellent health care to our clients is achieved in line with our Client’s core values of customer focused, results oriented and sustainability.
S/he will be pivotal in supporting 3 – 4 outreach teams in provision of ligation procedures especially BTL and vasectomy
Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide clinical services and ensure that our Client’s outreaches meet the requisite QTA standards
- Responsible for reporting on all major and minor complications arising in the day to day operations of the outreach.
- Coordinating and administering relevant and timely continuous medical updates to other staff to meet our client’s operation’s needs.
- Ensure Accurate information is available relating to service delivery and client feedback at the outreach
- Ensure overall quality inputs into service delivery including carrying out surgical procedures as laid down in the protocols.
- Ensure there is proper and effective use of medical equipment and supplies and for notifying the team leaders of needs for repair, maintenance or replacements etc.
- Continuous monitoring of the other team members involved in service delivery
- Conducting regular internal quality audit checks at the outreach
- Timely recognition of potential medical complications and dealing with or refer them as appropriate.
- Timely and appropriately reporting on all major and minor complications to the MAT
- Establishing clear and concise referral protocols and directories that are routinely updated.
- Providing timely feedback to the team on any gaps identified in the comprehensive treatment cycle.
- Develop clear framework for regular clinical updates for all health care staff at the outreach especially with regard to mini laparotomies.
- Preparing and participating fully in Continuous Medical Education (C.M.E.)
- Liaise with the QAM department in supporting regular quality updates at the outreach
- Routinely seek personal professional development in clinical skills and updates to deliver high quality services
- Conduct regular counselling to all clients in need of procedures
- Maintain high quality service delivery data and ensure prompt reporting is achieved in line with MOH and our client’s reporting framework
- Respond to data collection needs appropriately
- Proactively seek clients’ feedback in line with our Client’s customer focused approach
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and Surgery from a recognized university- Medical Officer
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and surgery.
- Clinical officers with specialties in RH services will be added advantage
- Must have completed 1 year of post internship
- Must be registered with the Medical Practitioners and dentists board/ clinical Officers council and possess a valid Private Practice License
- Experience in conducting mini laparotomies such as tubal ligation and vasectomy is an added advantage
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to [email protected]onnel.com before close of business 27th April, 2016. Clearly indicate the position applied for on the subject line. NB: Flexi Personnel Ltd does not charge candidates for job placement.