IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Context: Under the overall supervision of the Senior Logistics and Procurement Assistant and direct supervision of Logistics / Fleet Assistant, the incumbent shall be responsible for driving IOM vehicles to transport persons and goods authorized by IOM, from one destination to another in a timely, safe and cost effective manner.
- Drive IOM vehicle(s) and execute the tasks as assigned by the Logistics/Fleet Assistant.
- Ensure the safety of passengers, cargo and vehicle and observe traffic rules and road discipline.
- Perform day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle to ensure roadworthiness. This includes daily check of tyres, brakes, engine oil, fan belt, etc.
- Draft weekly reports on vehicle status and share with the Logistics/Fleet Assistant. Report promptly any defects or malfunctioning of the vehicle that require immediate attention to the Logistics/Fleet Assistant in planning and control of (regular) services.
- Ensure that in case of accident, supervisors are informed and a police report is obtained.
- Maintain the vehicle road logbook at all times.
- Check daily status and availability of spares, jack and tools.
- Refuel the vehicle as required.
- Ensure cleanliness of the vehicle at all times.
- Ensure that the IOM vehicle(s) is only used for official/authorized business.
- Ensure that the keys are returned for safeguarding at the end of the shift or handed over to the next driver.
- Availability to work during weekends and after hours as requested.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned
- High School Certificate with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Continuous driving experience;
- Valid Driving License (A, B, C, E class);
- Possession of a Government driving test grade I and II;
- Possession of a recent certificate of good conduct from the Kenya Police department;
- Basic knowledge of vehicle maintenance and repairs;
- Good knowledge of routes within the country;
- Good knowledge and working experience with HF and VHF Radios
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Flexible in terms of working hours.
- Mature individual, able to work independently, paying attention to detail and meeting deadlines
- Excellent computer skills, especially in Ms Office: Word, Outlook and excel
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms, accepts and gives constructive criticism, follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies, meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs, monitors own work to correct errors
- Client Orientation – Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
- Continuous Learning – Contributes to colleagues’ learning, demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Communication – Actively shares relevant information, writes clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended audience, listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Performance Management – Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
- Professionalism – Masters subject matter related to responsibilities, identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities, incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation, persistent, calm, andpolite in the face of challenges and stress, treats all colleagues with respect and dignity, works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts, knowledgeable about and promotes IOM core mandate and migration solutions
- Teamwork – Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team
- Environment, contributes to, and follows team objectives, gives credit where credit is due, seeks input and feedback from others, actively supports and implements final group decisions
- Drives IOM vehicles in a safe manner consistent with local regulations
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
NO FEE: The International Organization for Migration (IOM) does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, process or training). IOM does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank details.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.