International Potato Center
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking to recruit a dynamic and experienced Program Assistant for the SASHA Project.
The Center: CIP is a not-for-profit international agricultural research organization with a global mandate to conduct research on genetic resources of potato, sweetpotato, and other Andean roots and tubers, crop genetic enhancement and improvement, integrated crop management and sustainable management of natural resources.
The Position: The selected candidate will be based in Nairobi and will work under the supervision of the Sweetpotato Action for Security and Health in Africa (SASHA) Project Leader
The Key Responsibilities:-
1. Administrative and Management Support to the SASHA Project Leader
Assisting with communications (organize/prioritize emails; mailing lists, appointments),
Logistical support as needed (appointment, meetings, travel arrangements)
Drafting correspondence for the –Project Leader
Preparation of Travel requests and liquidations
Coordination of travel arrangements for visitors and project staff
Maintenance of office filing system and up-to-date electronic filing systems including archiving, backup and storage
Assisting in procurement and bill payment
2. Workshop and Conferences
Coordination of workshops, conferences, meetings and training courses – local and international
Booking of meeting rooms, projectors and other equipment and material, including price negotiations
Travel arrangements for participants and Project staff
Arrangement of accommodation and meals for participants
Compilation and distribution of participants lists
Compilation of workshop presentations and preparation of meeting material for participants
- A Bachelor’s degree in Administration and Management or equivalent that has good writing, good basic accounting, and good communication skills.
- At least 3 years relevant experience, 2 of which are in a similar position, preferably in an International Organization or Foreign Mission.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
- computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point,
- competent driver with current valid driving license and willing to travel.
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English.
- Abilities in Kiswahili, French, and Portuguese preferred.
Position needs to be filled urgently.
Terms of Appointment: This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position based on an initial contract of two years with the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
How to Apply
Applicants should apply online through our CIP’s Job Opportunities website (http://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/ ), including a letter of motivation, a full C.V with the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience.
Screening of applications will begin on August 20, 2015 and will continue until the post is filled.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at www.cipotato.org.
CIP is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply