Employee Category: Full Time
Job Purpose / Objective: Working under the guidance and supervision of the Head Nurse, the nurse will be directly responsible for
- Implement and evaluate individual treatment plans for patients with specific conditions as prescribed by the clinician.
- Identify and manage as appropriate, treatment plans for patients at risk of developing long-term conditions.
- Supervise incentive staffs working in the specific ward
- Prepare for and assist the doctors during the rounds and whenever required.
- Ensure that all required observations, prescribed treatment and procedures are properly carried out and documented in the patient’s charts.
- Perform bedside nursing.
- Escort patient to other referral hospital when necessary.
- Do hospital coverage and on-call as required.
- Conduct regular training session for refugee staff on basic nursing care/management of various ward cases and charting.
- Give health education to patients and clients
- Compile and submit monthly reports.
- Monitor and supervise proper usage of supplies.
- Maintain equipment in good condition and submit regular inventory report of the same.
- Ensure that all admissions, discharges, transfers and deaths are properly recorded as they occur.
- Supervise incentive staff working in RH and EPI at a designated clinic.
- Assist the CO during the running of a clinic and whenever required.
- Together with the C.O organize for adequate clinic coverage when required.
- Carry out any other additional duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Key Result Areas:
- Ability to provide overall leadership at the assigned ward or department.
- Ensure timely and quality health care services to refugees
- Maintain accurate inventory and ensure rational use of medical supplies and drugs
- Diploma in Nursing from KMTC or recognized nurse training institution
- Be registered and have a valid license from the Nursing Council of Kenya
Required Experience & Competencies:
- At least 2 years working experience in a busy hospital setup.
- Computer literate
- Team player and cultural sensitivity is required.
- Ability to work in hardship areas (Previous experience in a Camp setting will be an added advantage).
- Fluency in Turkana/Somali will be an added advantage
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply.
International allowances are not available for this position.
Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online IRC leading the way from harm to home. IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact Talent Acquisitions at [email protected] As required by law, the IRC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with a known disability.
Disclaimer: Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes. In the event that you receive any request for payment of any sort, please get in touch with us on Tel: +(254-020) 2727730, Email: [email protected] or report to the nearest police.