Regional Recruiting Manager
Sector: Human Resources
Employee Type: Regular
Employee Category: Full Time
Background / IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee helps those whose lives are shattered by crisis to survive, recover and gain control over their lives.
We aim to lead the humanitarian field by implementing high – impact, cost – effective programs through which people are healthier, safer, better educated, empowered and economically better-off.
Through our ambitious Strategy 2015 – 2020, we are committed to becoming more effective, responsive and innovative in our work, to better use of resources, and to reaching more crisis-affected people in a timely fashion through our programs.
Undergirding IRC’s strategy is a commitment to ensuring that our internal management and operations systems are adequate to the task of supporting our fast-growing program portfolio.
Leading IRC’s work globally, the International Programs Department (IPD) comprises over 18,000 staff working across 33 countries, with an annual budget of almost US$500 million.
We are made up of 5 geographically-focused Regional Units, our Emergency Preparedness & Response Unit, and our HQ-based administrative and support team.
Job Overview / Summary: The Regional Recruiting Manager (RRM) will be part of the IRC’s global Talent Acquisition team responsible for selecting top talent for mid to senior level expatriate positions as well as provide back-up support to other regional recruiters in other regions as needed.
On occasions, the Recruiting Manager will be asked to provide technical assistance and support of large scale national recruitment efforts in the HEAZY region in coordination with the Deputy Director, Surge.
H/she will be instrumental in implementing IRC 2020 strategic plan with the commitment of attracting the right staff faster for short-term, emergency and full-time positions to meet our mission of ensuring more and faster rescue and relief to meet the demands of donors and programs in HEAZY.
The Regional Recruiting Manager will also initiate and implement recruitment strategies to increase the IRC’s talent pool and pipelines in HEAZY region.
He/she will provide input to ensure that the IRC has a diverse talent at all levels to represent the global diversity of the places where we work and to attract talent that performs at a high level while responding to the changing needs of the organization.
S/he will implement industry “best practices” that ensure the timely selection of top talent and recruit for talent in support IRC’s organizational culture, while contributing to IRC’s position as an employer of choice.
This position will report to the Director, Global Talent Acquisition who resides in New York. Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply.
International allowances are not available for this position.
Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
- Develop and implement regional strategies to maintain a candidate pool and pipelines across all key sectors and regions in support international recruitment in the HEAZY region.
- In coordination with the Regional HR Partner Director, HEAZY, oversee recruitment efforts for mid-senior level positions and working closely with senior/executive leadership team as well as technical units in HQ and the field.
- In collaboration with technical unit, assist in promoting IRC brand as an employer of choice by attending regional technical events and conferences, leveraging social media, job boards and career fairs as appropriate.
- Partner with Regional HR Partner Director in workforce planning to determine future recruitment needs in the region.
- Work closely with Director, Global Talent Acquisition to find creative solutions to day to day recruiting challenges and ensure timeliness and efficiency throughout the recruitment process.
- Execute full lifecycle talent acquisition activities for assigned positions including but not limited to completion of reference and background checks.
- Track and identify cutting edge trends and best practices in global recruitment practices.
- Provide back-up support to other regional and international recruiters as necessary.
- Other responsibilities and projects as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related field.
Work Experience: Minimum 8+ years of solid recruiting experience, 3+ years in international development.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Proven experience in recruiting senior and executive level positions required.
- Certified Internet Recruiter (CIR) certification a plus.
- Strong project management and organizational skills as well as interpersonal skills are necessary and ability to work in a fast paced/changing, deadline-oriented environment.
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems and use of social media to attract talent.
- Language Skills: French or Arabic a plus
Certificates or Licenses:
Certified Internet Recruiter (CIR) certification a plus.
Strong project management and organizational skills as well as interpersonal skills are necessary and ability to work in a fast paced/changing, deadline-oriented environment.
Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems and use of social media to attract talent.
Proficiency in one or more foreign languages preferred (preferably French or Arabic).
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online IRC leading the way from harm to home. IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability