Position: Intern, Accounts and Business Development
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Summary: Elective Africa ‘’EA’’ is seeking to recruit an Intern to support our Accounting and Business Development teams.
Elective Africa is an organization in the education travel industry.
The intern will gain experience and training in many aspects of accounting and business development while also assisting with various upcoming projects to be undertaken by the company in the last quarter of 2015.
This will be in addition to gaining a good understanding of working with a diverse team of people.
To succeed, you will need to be good at numbers; keen attention to detail is required with a creative and entrepreneurial mindset.
This opportunity is unique because it gives you a chance to excel in the context of meaningful travel in a company led by young, dynamic and creative executives with worldwide exposure.
If you exceed our expectations you will be offered a position in the company at the end of your internship.
- Assist in accounts receivables and accounts payables task.
- Prepare financial documents such as payment vouchers and invoices and capturing of transactions in the accounting software.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and projects costing.
- Monitoring spend and provide reconciliations with comparison to budget.
- Working with the Business Development (BD) team, he/she will be expected to:
- Develop in-depth knowledge about the business, marketing activities, prospective clients and industry trends.
- Assist in coming up with the business and marketing plans in coordination with BD team to achieve revenue goals.
- Analyze the current and past budgets, expenses, sales, revenues and product deficiencies in order to provide recommendations for business growth and problem resolution and to realize adequate ROI.
- Bachelors’ degree in a accounting or related field with a minimum of second class honors upper division
- Professional qualification such as CPA or ACCA will be an added advantage.
- A grade B+ and above in KCSE (or equivalent).
- Good computer skills (MS Office).
- Willingness to work long & odd hours to complete assignments with little or no follow-up.
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- A creative and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Detailed oriented, keen attention to details and willing to work as a team player.
- Proactive and results oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
How to Apply
To apply, send your application pack to [email protected] with the following to be received by September 3, 2015
A resume with three referees
A cover letter
Copy of degree certificate and KCSE certificate is required in the application to be successful.
Subject line to read: Application for the Position of Intern Accounts and Business Development Only short listed candidates will be contacted.