Today, SID positions itself in a space of action that is policy oriented and builds on multi-disciplinary dialogues, future-minded thinking and scenarios-based and holistic policy planning.
Scope of Work: Located in the Nairobi office, the position will enhance the capacity of the Equity and Inclusion Programme a SID initiative designed to advance policy research on inequalities, build civil society capacity to engage in the inequalities discourse as well facilitate policy dialogue and advocacy within Africa.
- Keep a variety of manual and electronic files and records;
- Collect and compile data relevant for future reference and use within SID
- Maintain a vibrant social media presence for SID
- Provide support to programme staff, consultants as may be required to deliver programme goals;
- Provide logistical support to key programme areas e.g. with travel arrangements, scheduling of meetings;
- Respond to inquiries and provide on-demand information about the Equality and Inclusion Programme activities;
- Keep and provide information on available and forthcoming research products from SID in various policy areas.
- This internship typically seeks candidates in the following fields: economics, human development (public health, education, nutrition, gender and population), social science (anthropology, sociology), agriculture, environment, international trade , as well as other related fields
- A confident communicator with good editorial and internet research skills;
- Knowledge of and interest in equality and social justice;
- Demonstrated professional use of social media e.g. Twitter, Facebook among others;
- Experienced use of computer programmes including MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint etc.;
- Ability to provide administrative support in organising activities and events;
- Experience documenting and sharing programme experience for learning;
- Fluency in French is an asset
How to Apply