Outreach Internships at Andela, Kenya
Reporting to : Recruitment Manager
Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
At Andela, we find the brightest young people in Africa, train them to be world-class developers, and connect them with employers around the world looking for top technical talent. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to make it happen.
Outreach Internship Job Summary
- The purpose of this position is to plan, coordinate, and direct strategies and activities that optimize recruitment by attracting new applicants to Andela’s Fellowship Program. This is accomplished by providing essential information about Andela as it relates to recruitment.; making vital information available to partners and recruitment pipelines through visits and presentations.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Assist in creating and implementing annual outreach and recruitment plan.
- Work with Recruitment Manager to develop outreach and marketing plan to recruit new fellows in line with the organizational objectives.
- Assist in fellows’ recruitment processes.
- Attend relevant community meetings, conferences and round tables.
- Schedule and personally conduct at least 4 presentations a month.
- Maintain relationships with collaborative partners, recruitment pipelines and cultivate new ones.
Qualifications and competencies for Outreach Internship
Bachelor’s Degree is an added advantage.
Knowledgeable of the tech ecosystem in Kenya.
Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
Ability to connect with others and forge strong relationships.
Ability to perform several tasks concurrently.
Excellent analytical skills.
Ability to organize and maintain detailed records and meet deadlines.
Must be able to work under pressure meeting deadlines and changing priorities.
Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
Willingness to travel.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to Apply
- To apply send your CV to email@example.com
- Application deadline: 21st May, 2016.