We are looking to hire an energetic Operations Intern with a high level of attention to detail to work full-time in our Nairobi headquarters for a period of 4-6 months starting 15th June 2016, with the possibility of converting to a full time role for candidates who demonstrate exceptional performance. Our ideal candidate is a quick learner who is able to multi-task, prioritize many requests, ask for help when needed, and communicate well. Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required.
We prefer candidates with at least a diploma and a minimum of 3 months of work experience, but will consider candidates who are currently in campus with previous experience and available. Candidates will be expected to type a minimum of 15 words per minute when they start, increasing to 35 words per minute in their first month.
Immediate Responsibilities will include:
- Welcoming guests and clients, and ensuring the front desk is always attended
- Receiving & making local and international phone calls using the office phone
- Printing, copying and filing internal documents and client documents
- Dispatching & receiving deliveries, including cheques, cash, client contracts & important packages
- Managing petty cash accounts in both Kenya Shillings & foreign currencies
- Liaising with our Internet Service Provider as required
- Organizing office events, e.g. food for special meetings
- Sourcing, procurement, and supplier management for office supplies & sundries to ensure adequate amounts on hand, ordering in advance
- Working with Office Assistant to ensure company mail is delivered and collected
- Booking meetings for the management team as appropriate
- Arranging logistics for the team, including planning lodging and taxis, coordinating paperwork, etc.
- Entering data into Excel templates
- When our office assistant/driver are unavailable, run errands, make coffee & tea for office meetings, ensure the office is clean, etc.
- Any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
Hours: We expect our Operations Intern to work 9 hours per day Monday to Friday, typically 8am to 5pm, with up to a one hour lunch break. In some cases, some work outside these hours may be needed and the Operations Intern should be open to this, so long as it is agreed in advance.
Allowance: We will provide a stipend to cater for lunch and transport costs during the internship period.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here