FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- Write the programming code, either from scratch or by adapting existing website software and graphics packages to meet Afya Uzazi’s project requirements
- Create website layout/user interfaces by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Maintain, expand and scale up the website
- Stay abreast with emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Upload the site onto the FHI360 server and register with different search engines
REQUIEMENTS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE :
- Proven working experience in web programming
- Solid understanding of how web applications including security, session management, and best development practices
- Knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process.
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Programming, Software engineering, web design, multimedia design, Web Content Management with 6 months to 1-year experience.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to FHI360 NGO career website on jobs-fhi360.icims.com to apply