Internships for Fresh Graduates at Cytonn Kenya
Cytonn Investments is an independent investment management firm, with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and D.C. Metro – U.S. We are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, local institutional investors and diaspora investors interested in the East-African region. We currently have over Kshs. 82 billion of investments and projects under mandate, mainly in real estate.
To manage the rapid growth, we are looking for 8 dynamic and hardworking individuals with strong leadership and entrepreneurial skills to join the Cytonn Young Leadership Program (CYLP) as Finance Interns.
At Cytonn, we are keen on recruitment as it offers us competitive advantage since our future success is primarily based on acquiring and training the most talented, motivated and capable graduates.
Under the Cytonn Young Leaders Program, the successful candidates will undergo a rigorous 12 week training, aimed at equipping them with practical and competitive skills in the company’s various areas of operations.
The candidates will be exposed to challenging yet fulfilling career options with an emphasis on leadership, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Finance Internship Responsibilities
- Preparing and executing payments
- Keeping records and filing of transactions and relevant documentation
- Assisting in daily, weekly and monthly treasury operations and track key treasury operational benchmarks
- Assisting with accurate and timely posting of documents of original entry into the accounting system
- Preparing and maintaining all the books of accounts. This includes assisting with month end closing processes and general journal entries
- Ensuring compliance with taxation and any other financial statutory requirements including filing and payment of NHIF, PAYE, NSSF, HELB,VAT and WHT among others
- Assisting internal and external auditors by providing financial information as may be required
- Performing regular review of financial data recorded in the system
- Performing various reconciliations including bank, related party, supplier and customer reconciliations
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Requirements for the Finance Internship
- A Bachelors Degree in Finance/Accounting or business related course with a minimum of second class honors, upper division
- A minimum of B+ in KCSE
- Professional qualification in accounting field or actively pursuing such qualifications
- Strong IT skills in Microsoft Office Packages
- Excellent data analytical skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, with great precision and accuracy
- Organization, attention to details and follow-through
- Ability to carry out assigned projects to completion
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Upon joining the company, the successful candidates will undertake both departmental and company wide orientation. In the Finance department, a customized training program will teach the graduates the fundamentals of financial statement analysis, financial modelling and accounting.
After the 12 weeks training, you will be ready to start your career in finance and accounting. Typically, you will be able to run the full accounting cycle inc
How to Apply