African Virtual University (AVU)
Vacancy Notice: Instructional Multimedia / Web Interns – (ET&LR) Unit
- Uploading multimedia learning content on Learning Management Systems (LMS) in English, French and Portuguese;
- Preparing the various online assessment tools in the LMS for course delivery an facilitation;
- Ensuring that the appropriate content layout is followed;
- Testing uploaded content for navigability, layout, hyperlinking and readiness for delivery;
- Converting files to various formats to ensure availability of print, digital and multimedia formats;
- Ensuring appropriate copyright and Creative Commons license is applied to materials;
- Liaising with Instructional Design and Information and Communication staff members to ensure timely and rigorous upload of content to the LMS;
- Performing other duties that may from time to time be assigned by the supervisor.
- Studies in ICT, Computer Science or related (preference will be given to candidates with completed or almost completed Bachelor degrees);
- Fluent in English (knowledge of French or Portuguese as an added advantage);
- Familiarity with online learning;
- Knowledge in programming languages such as PHP, HTML 5 and Java;
- Knowledge in Web Server Technologies such as apache and MYSQL database will be an added advantage.
- Keen on and pays attention to detail; Ability to learn quickly and work well within a team;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to determine priorities and meet multiple deadlines;
- Flexibility and a can-do approach to tasks and the ability to adapt to a changing and challenging environment.
6.0 Reporting: The ET&LR Interns will report to and be supervised by the Manager of ET&LR and will work closely with other AVU staff members.
How to Apply