Position: Business Development Intern
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Summary: Elective Africa is looking for talented individuals to join our company for an internship that will take 3 months.
Elective Africa is a leading organizer of educational and expedition travel programs in Africa.
While assisting with a wide range of assignments, the intern will gain experience and training in many aspects of Business Development and a good understanding of working with a diverse team of people.
The task will include
- Carrying out our industry research and understanding how to market products online
- Identifying emerging opportunities in the experiential travel industry
- Selling and managing client accounts through a variety of lead generation activities
- Working with EA staff on all media related activities
- Developing general communications publications
- Designing marketing materials
- Managing and creating our online content
This is a perfect internship for someone who is a self-starter, detail oriented, creative thinker, not afraid to roll her/his sleeves up and is interested in working with a dedicated team.
If your performance exceeds expectations, you will be offered a position in the company at the end of your internship.
- A bachelor’s degree in Tourism Management, Communications, Marketing or any other related field with a minimum of second-class honors upper division.
- A grade B+ and above in KCSE (or equivalent) with similar grades in languages.
- Good writing skills is essential with keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities, be your own boss to lead tasks.
- Willingness to work long & odd hours to complete assignments with no supervision.
- Social media and web savvy.
How to Apply
If you feel that you possess the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this job, please visit the Careers page on www.electiveafrica.com/careers and upload your application letter and current CV by the end of day on Thursday 12th of January 2017.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted