The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
Finance Internship Responsibilities
- Assist in reviewing of staff travel claims
- Assist in review of payment support documents working closely with the Finance Officer
- Assist in preparation and sorting of inter-country support vouchers
- Assist in defacing of approved payment vouchers
- Assist in preparation of accounts reconciliations
- Compliance and adherence to the organisational set policies and internal controls
- Assist in routine filing as per existing filing system
- Any other duties as assigned
Qualifications For Finance Internship
- University/Higher Diploma in Finance or Accounting
- Computer skills in MS Office Word and Excel, and Internet
- Education field- Finance / Economics
- Education level- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to plan and coordinate
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and follow-up with excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- A flexible working style, absolute discretion
- At ease dealing with people and tasks at different levels in a multicultural environment
- Responsive, efficient and a positive manner and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Fluency in English.
- Computer literate and numerate.
- Willingness to learn and to accept new challenges
How to Apply